Sturrock says promotion nailed on.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Promotion is nailed on, it is only the doom and gloomers of pasoti which dont recognise this. It's only likely to change if we lost five straight games and that won't be happening.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It'll be nailed on once we achieve the required points tally.

Not before.

Apr 30, 2011
Any other fans looking at us would say it was pretty nailed on but we still bare the scars of last season and the preceeding 7 years of doom, which is why it is understandable that we are all still wary.

Aug 5, 2016
Last season we were already slipping out of the top three at this stage. It's now the end of March and were 11 points clear. Can you understand how the two scenarios are dramatically different?

Apr 3, 2010
Knibbsworth":19lmic5r said:
Last season we were already slipping out of the top three at this stage. It's now the end of March and were 11 points clear. Can you understand how the two scenarios are dramatically different?
Correct 1 yr ago today we won at Morecambe but sat in 4th place out of the top 3 on goal difference.

However I won't be counting my chickens until it's confirmed even if the comparison is completely different. I don't think a lot of people have been able to relax and enjoy this campaign as much as we could have due to last season.if we were in this position in league 1 I can guarantee there wouldnt be half as much anxiety.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
It's still a long way short of being, in the words of the old cliché, mathematically certain.

I was talking about this just yesterday in my local Brighton pub with the landlord - a lifelong Gooner so he was more amenable than usual to hearing all about Argyle and steering well clear of Arsenal talk... - and I said that if I were a neutral I'd look at the table and say that Argyle were all but certain for promotion; but I'm not so I can't.

Still, if Stevenage and Luton drop points this afternoon, and Argyle win tomorrow, I think I'll finally allow myself to join the "All over bar the shouting" brigade. I might even revive the final table prediction I made on 11th Feb to a very old Argyle-supporting friend in Oz who left Plymuff many years ago: 1 Argyle, 2 Doncaster, 3 Portsmouth.

Subsequent results soon made that prediction look wildly optimistic, but now we're that much closer to the end maybe it will hold up after all. Things will be clearer by late tomorrow afternoon!

Oct 24, 2010
Still a lot of work to do so not "nailed on" but it would be very disappointing if we screwed it up from here.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Football is a funny old game, and Argo are typical Argo.

We would have to totally capitulate worse than last season to throw this way but I'm not celebrating or counting my chickens until its a mathematical certainty

1 game at a time and every point is a step closer

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Well, I've only seen a handful of games this season and am yet to see us win. Unfortunately, I'm seeing three of the next four so I'm definitely not counting any chickens yet!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's a little like being in a fantastic relationship and then being cheated on.

This season, you've met someone else just as good but keep thinking the same thing will happen. Every defeat is like smelling another man's aftershave, or seeing her flirt with someone else.

We're now at the church preparing to get married, but she could still say no and run off with someone else. It almost certainly won't happen at this point, but you're still not 100% confident.

May 16, 2016
No chickens at the end of this tunnel. There's still a tightrope of the unknown to cross before the points are safely in the bag. 24 points left in the raffle, do we have sufficient tickets in the bush ?

Let's hope so.