Youths at Home Park: Wednesday (12noon) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Youths at Home Park: Wednesday (12noon)

Feb 9, 2013
According to Mike Sampson's column in last Saturday's Herald, Argyle's Youth team will be playing Stevenage at Home Park on Wednesday (ko 12 noon) in a EFL Youth Alliance Merit League game.
In the event of adverse weather, it will be switched to Harpers Park.

Feb 28, 2016
Really hope we go out on a high, this is surely the last time we will see this team at strength and fully united. Decisions will need to be made very soon! Good luck to all the lads, it will be free to get in either use the gate down near Mariners (Grandstand) or just walk in to Harpers.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I am disgusted.
As a retired season ticket holder, I went to Home Park to watch our youth team, and I was barred from watching.
Apparently friends family were allowed to watch, but not Argyle supporters.
I complained at the reception but to no avail.
I cannot even watch our Reserves unless I travel miles away, and thought this would be an ideal match to watch our up and coming young players.

Feb 28, 2016
We won 3-2 pretty entertaining game.

Great to see Sam Ryan open the scoring for us. He was the lad who broke his leg at Illogan a year ago yesterday, its been a long road for him but since coming back just after Christmas he has looked stronger, fitter and faster in every game I've seen him in. He has got a great attitude, an all round class act and was always a goal threat before his injury so really pleased for him to score on the main pitch. It was nice to see how all the other lads celebrated with him as well.

Callum Rose scored an own goal which was a real shame as he was playing really well up to then but credit it to him, he only allowed himself a couple seconds to wallow in it, then he has picked himself up, he is getting others around him to pick themselves up, put it out his head and played exemplary for the rest of the game. I thought he looked very captain like again today and I've lost count the number of times I have thought that the past couple of months. I've said it before but he has come out of nowhere this season. This time last year not many people were talking about him. A string of impressive performances in both the SWPL and U18s made more and more people sit up and notice him and before you know it he is on the bench against Liverpool and the only apprentice who went to Spain. None of that has gone to his head and it doesn't look like he has felt any pressure because of it either. I think he will handle the pressure when he makes his first-team debut, which I think now is a case of when not if. Incidentally was my vote for YPOTY.

We went 1-2 down Battle then scored another quality goal, had a busy game was doing a lot of hard work but without much to show for it but you always expect he will find a goal from somewhere when he is playing like that. Then Bill Craske, who I thought changed the momentum of the game when he came on, with a spectacular goal, got his laces through it, with pace and accuracy then we absorbed all their late pressure, Mike Cooper pulled off a couple of crucial saves.

Elsewhere I thought Dan Rooney battled admirably it was the area of the pitch they were exploiting but he was putting himself about, skilfully worked his way out of a lot of tricky situations. Another really mature performance from Jordan, I think any concerns I may have had about whether he would be mentally strong enough to make it have all but gone he seems to have got that under control but without losing anything to the character of his game. He will always wear his heart on his sleeve, that's his personality, I like that, its what makes him interesting to watch and I feel he is now channelling his emotions more effectively. Connor McAuley putting in a real shift again bursting with energy.

Eight of the nine second year apprentices started that game today (Aaron Taylor the only one not to who is out injured) If that is their last game all together its a nice way for them to end it on, Stevenage are no mugs either I think I heard someone say they were second in the league.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
plymouthboyuk":3tj5laik said:
I am disgusted.
As a retired season ticket holder, I went to Home Park to watch our youth team, and I was barred from watching.
I cannot even watch our Reserves unless I travel miles away, and thought this would be an ideal match to watch our up and coming young players.
Glad i'm not the only one to get barred!!!!!!!!!!!!That's why i've given up.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
plymouthboyuk":367wbpws said:
I am disgusted.

Does anyone know if this is club policy or just some jobsworth being a bit of a plonker?

Argyle should be encouraging people to come & watch matches (it is after all their only reason for existence) rather than turning them away!!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I did consider going when I saw the OP.
Can anyone think of a reason to bar interested supporters from watching these lads play at Home Park?
As a Big Green Lottery member, I would have been disgusted if I was refused entry.
Who made that decision and why?

May 8, 2011
When I got to Home Park on Wednesday the door into Home Park opposite reception was open, no steward or other employee there so a few of us just walked in.

Feb 28, 2016
I don't know why this may have been the case, if it is a change of policy it wasn't very well enforced. I had no issues and I never have. I recognised a few usual faces such as HC and a few faces who don't normally go, who had been told to go through gate 26. This was open and unmanned anyone could just walk through.

Whenever I've seen Tony Wrathall at these games he has always shook my hand and has in the past said he thinks it great that fans would come to these games. I can't speak universally as I've not spoke to everyone but I know most of the lads and many of their parents do really appreciate the support. You've only got to see how pumped and excited they all get for the FA youth cup, that is their chance to play in front of what to them is a big crowd as those games do get publicised, are in the evenings and at Home Park.

I think this is a case of someone not correctly informed or got out on the wrong side of the bed.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
It was definitely Argyle policy on the day, not to let the public watch the match.
When I complained in the Argyle reception office, a young man I spoke to, said he would speak to someone ( who I do not know) . When he came back, he said sorry you cannot watch today's match. On making my way home, at the front gate were 2 Argyle staff members, who I again asked would they let me in. They both apoligised, saying sorry only family and friends are allowed in.