Carey ready to talk to Argyle about a contract (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carey ready to talk to Argyle about a contract (merged)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The guy is quality and crucial to the team - we need to offer him decent money.
No doubt he will have several very good offers on the table and we need to be competitive.
Hopefully he is happy at the club and living in the South West and its good enough to stop him from uprooting for what will probably be his biggest contract being at his peak

Mar 23, 2008
Don't think we will or should break the bank but we must offer him as good a deal as we can especially with a higher budget in a better league as he is without doubt the player who makes us tick.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Deacster":2ligv1tz said:
Don't think we will or should break the bank but we must offer him as good a deal as we can especially with a higher budget in a better league as he is without doubt the player who makes us tick.

Historically not breaking the bank has meant paying £10,000 a week for our star player, and that was 10 or so years ago.

Mar 8, 2016
I'm sure he will be offered a much improved contract to his current one, wether that's good enough compared to other clubs that will be approaching him then only time will tell.

May 8, 2011
I would think at 27 as well as pay, the length of contract offered will also be a deciding factor as he has a family and would be looking to settle somewhere and wouldnt want a nomadic life disrupting the children's schooling.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Army green":30ffv55h said:
I'm sure he will be offered a much improved contract to his current one, wether that's good enough compared to other clubs that will be approaching him then only time will tell.

He might well be offered a better deal somewhere else, but there are other factors that will come into play. He doesn't strike me as a money grabbing type.

He's settled at Argyle, he's a guaranteed starter, and he's playing under a manager who gets the best out of him.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
He doesn't seem to be the type that would phone in a shift so if he can see a igger challenge he might go for that. Having said that, I do not know him but we need players who are with us for the challenges ahead.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Positive noises from GC10. Let's home we can nail him down and quickly.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I heard from a reliable source that he has had an offer of £2750 per week from Argyle. If true shows good ambition from the board. Think we will have to get to Gary Roberts money of £3500 per week to secure GC tho. Time will tell

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
He is the symbol of the club at the moment, and that interview sounds like he is going to stay as long as a decent offer is made.

Come on Argyle, lets not have another Jamille Matt situation. Has to be at least two years and good money.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely crucial signing. He's been the difference all season long and I honestly don't think we'd be up without him.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
It's not just the goals he scores, it's the influence he has on the pitch and the creativity he brings along with the assists. We cannot afford to let him slip through our fingers. He's obviously keen so it's down to the board to get him signed up with a deal he deserves as a matter of urgency before another club starts waving cheques around.