Grandstand Update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Apologies, I'm really struggling to find a grandstand thread to post this in, but we have a second update from the Grandstand Working Group :thumbup:

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 83368.aspx

The Group met in the Home Park Boardroom last week; Argyle Chairman James Brent and Project Director Tony Hopwood presented the latest iteration of the architects’ plans.

Tony responded to the points raised by the Group at its previous meeting and presented layouts of the site showing the new facilities in and around the Grandstand including players’ facilities, club shop, ticket office, match day bars, additional food outlets and toilets.

The layout of the extended Grandstand was explained which incorporates hospitality and conferencing and banqueting facilities on the ground floor with office space above.

The lower terrace will be realigned to ensure appropriate sightlines are achieved and there will be new seating throughout the Grandstand including disabled seats with a variety of sightlines and premium seats to serve the extensive new hospitality.

James thanked the Group for their time and contribution; it will meet again in around a month’s time.

I assume then that the lower terrace won't be quite as shallow, and will be steeper to accomodate the new facilities behind it. This is something I definitely wanted to see.

Premium seats sounds good. As does match day bars (plural!)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yes Biggs, looks very exciting. Hopefully the plans will be out before long.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I'm a bit puzzled by the expression "a variety of sightlines".

Some are going to be fine but some will be a bit rubbish?

Aug 5, 2005
MickyD":7h81pwwp said:
I'm a bit puzzled by the expression "a variety of sightlines".

Some are going to be fine but some will be a bit rubbish?

I think it means the disabled area will accommodate differing sightlines, regardless of whether the person in in a chair or not (ie they won't have a massive barrier blocking their view)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
flowchart":1vmr6ivr said:
All exciting stuff.

When will we be able to see an 'artists impression' of the new stand?

Exactly. I asked the same question 3/4 weeks ago. We were much favoured with one in the previous proposal for the Grandstand replacement.I wonder about the current apparent reticence.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
So am I right in assuming that the existing support columns will finally go and we'll get a new build roof etc or does an 'extended grandstand' just mean the new corporate/hospitality stuff? Have to say that I had the dubious 'pleasure' of being wedged into a packed grandstand seat-cum-rack on Monday and couldn't wait for half-time just to be able to stand up and stretch my back and legs. It definitely took the edge of an otherwise super afternoon, unfortunately. The sooner those seats are gone the better.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Corporate and hospitality will get a boost and if I am reading it correctly a two tiered pricing structure for the grandstand, you tell me the clubs has not lost it's soul.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Really looking forward to the plans. Hope they don't disappoint.

Aug 15, 2008
If it was really good it would have been leaked i think. the fact it hasnt been speaks volumes. NDA was said to apply where prudent with exemptions for some??

Hey i could be cynical and its going to be brilliant and ill happily eat humble pie

Jan 3, 2013
dunlop":3uhsa7jy said:
Corporate and hospitality will get a boost and if I am reading it correctly a two tiered pricing structure for the grandstand, you tell me the clubs has not lost it's soul.

Agreed

Jan 3, 2013
pedro91":1ocpopau said:
Knarf Reprah":1ocpopau said:
"Extensive hospitality "
Prawn sandwich brigadeand the freebies will be ok as usual then.......
Who would that be?

Don't try and stir.......you know who they are, in particular all our local politicians