The Undesirables | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Undesirables

Mar 14, 2009
Carey and Bradley will take most of the plaudits this season. Which is why for PASOTI player of the year l voted for Threkeld because of the way he filled in the both full back postions in a time of great need.

Yet there are players who will hardly get any recognition so lve started this thread so people can highlight any of the less popular Argyle players they think have had a decent season and why.

For me there is three.

Songo. One image in my head sums this guy up for me. It's the last few minutes at Doncaster and he is the man blocking a shot that is about to get fired at goal. In fact he is often then man who tries to get a block in or a header. He heads it the wrong way at times, he slices his kicks wildly and his feet seem a little uncoordinated when defending but he gives everything he has got. For a man who didn't play much football the season before and has been a bit part player in other teams we have got something more out of him than maybe our expectations should have allowed us to believe.

Smith. If it wasn't for injuries we would of seen him more. Just when he had his best game for Argyle, against Stevenage at HP, he got injuried in a committed tackle. The guy seems better in a more central midfield birth where he can roam than a defensive holding midfield slot. He has an engine on him which is why Adams has used him recently in the Portsmouth game because "he has the legs to close down the space". He can also shoot as demonstrated against Portsmouth at HP for the last minute equaliser.

Slew. My Dad calls him the journeyman. Personally since Kennedy has come on he has found it very hard to get in the side. Yet Kennedy, before, Newport, had a number of indifferent games and was harsh on Slew not to see return to the side. The left side of midfield l don't think is his best position but for three quarters of the season he was asked to do a job there. He was always comitted to the cause and whilst lacking some of the skill set you require from a wide man he still managed to make a contribution. More so, you have to remember his work-rate where he often by tracking back helping his fellow full back out. Another guy who hasnt really established himself recently in any team but actually has played a vital role in the way we set up and play.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For me, Threlkeld is the one player in the Argyle (p) squad who can go onto great things, either higher Championship or Premier League.
He also has age on his side but maybe needs to nail down one position.

I felt sorry for Slew, he did nothing wrong but was dropped in favour of Kennedy.

I don't think Sawyer has received the recognition he deserves, he's a good steady left-back and one of the best crossers in the squad.

Apr 1, 2009
Why, when you are praising them, do you label them "The Undesirables"?

Fox - massive influence in midfield. Sokolik - increasingly comfortable as Bradley's main partner since Jan.

As to Threlkeld, he's got to be the regular RB next season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I must admit, a very strange title.

Or am I missing your point?

Mar 14, 2009
xmastree":2bjvjp5i said:

Fox - massive influence in midfield. Sokolik - increasingly comfortable as Bradley's main partner since Jan.

Simply, before they came to Argyle a number of these players were not wanted by their previous club. You can add Fox to that list with Crewe or Sokolik with Southend. (Although being honest l still have my doubts about Sokolik. Every time l watch him lm just not convinced)

When in the Argyle team, they aren't the first names either to get recognition. They aren't the first names of players that spring to mind when talking about the good things connected with the team. They go unnoticed as such.

Jan 3, 2013
Songo o I thought would never make it, but the past few weeks when he was really needed, he was terrific for us.......

Apr 1, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":3p9vohmi said:
xmastree":3p9vohmi said:

Simply, before they came to Argyle a number of these players were not wanted by their previous club. You can add Fox to that list with Crewe or Sokolik with Southend.

When in the Argyle team, they aren't the first names either to get recognition. They aren't the first names of players that spring to mind when talking about the good things connected with the team. They go unnoticed as such.

See where you're coming from, but it just seems a little derogatory to players who have contributed so much!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
xmastree":3c2bqrlb said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3c2bqrlb said:
xmastree":3c2bqrlb said:

Simply, before they came to Argyle a number of these players were not wanted by their previous club. You can add Fox to that list with Crewe or Sokolik with Southend.

See where you're coming from, but it just seems a little derogatory to players who have contributed so much!
More than "a little dergatory". In the context it was used it is a completely unsuitable world.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think donaldson has been unfairly derided.he has chipped in with some goals and telling contributions mainly the ball to jake which caused the penalty against exeter,first time right into jakes stride.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Songo'o has been a revelation. Looked inept when I first saw him but everything has improved particularly his distribution---he's got the determination, the physical presence and an engine. If he continues in this way we really will have a player to reckon with--thought he was first class against Newport.

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":26sooq2r said:
xmastree":26sooq2r said:

Simply, before they came to Argyle a number of these players were not wanted by their previous club. You can add Fox to that list with Crewe or Sokolik with Southend. (Although being honest l still have my doubts about Sokolik. Every time l watch him lm just not convinced)

That's sort of how it goes when you are signing players from the league above. The player isn't getting enough football, the club wants to release a wage of a player they don't want to be paying anymore.

Threlkeld, Sarcevic, Sokolik, Taylor, Fox, Sawyer, Smith, all signed on that basis.

Were you expecting us to sign the players Bolton wanted, rather than the ones they were releasing?

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Karleigh Osborne looked the part to me when he was given 15 minutes at Morecambe. Physical presence, quick, read the game and an organiser....but he was definitely considered an undesirable!

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Bizarre subject title and surely designed only to prompt a reaction.