League 2 Team of the Year | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

League 2 Team of the Year

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Voted for by fellow professionals.

Goalkeeper - Luke McCormick (Plymouth Argyle)
Defender - Kelvin Mellor (Blackpool)
Defender - Sonny Bradley (Plymouth Argyle)
Defender - Christian Burgess (Portsmouth)
Defender - Enda Stevens (Portsmouth)
Midfielder - Nicky Adams (Carlisle United)
Midfielder - Luke Berry (Cambridge United)
Midfielder - James Coppinger (Doncaster Rovers)
Midfielder - Graham Carey (Plymouth Argyle)
Forward - Danny Hylton (Luton Town)
Forward - John Marquis (Doncaster Rovers)

What an accolade!! Congratulations to Luke, Sonny and Graham. Also Kelvin Mellor.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Some team that!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This is the best and more meaningful end of season poll because players are voted for by their peers.
No other club has three players in the team, congratulations to Carey, McCormick and Bradley. :clap:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":2ctorew0 said:
This is the best and more meaningful end of season poll because players are voted for by their peers.
No other club has three players in the team, congratulations to Carey, McCormick and Bradley. :clap:

This. As a player, there is no better accolade.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2kslyy3f said:

I don't agree that it is the best. Apart from playing against other players TWICE per season, those voting don't get to see them playing much. They vote on hear say. The top award comes from your own fans who watch, of not EVERY match, certainly most.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Lundan Cabbie":1yb75yb2 said:
PL2 3DQ":1yb75yb2 said:

I don't agree that it is the best. Apart from playing against other players TWICE per season, those voting don't get to see them playing much. They vote on hear say. The top award comes from your own fans who watch, of not EVERY match, certainly most.

Spot on with that comment, I would like to see a poll where fans who regularly attend at least 90% of the games have a poll and vote for their player of the season,it would be more meaningful than us partimers.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
dunlop":2ly8c2ow said:
Lundan Cabbie":2ly8c2ow said:
PL2 3DQ":2ly8c2ow said:

Spot on with that comment, I would like to see a poll where fans who regularly attend at least 90% of the games have a poll and vote for their player of the season,it would be more meaningful than us partimers.

Is "Partimers" a whoosh young Dunlop?

You're always at HP and Ive even seen you at away games:)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He's a part time Parkway fan as well, I've seen him in their colours.

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
Is anyone going to mention Mellor?

Received some nasty abuse on here, when others thought that he always put in 100% for Argyle.

Irrespective of the perceived quality of the poll, some might say that this proves he was a good player, we should have helped develop more....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I did, in my OP.

He made several crucial mistakes when playing for us but he also contributed in an attacking role. Maybe, he needed better cover when going forward and this year, perhaps, the likes of Bradley, Songo'o and even Fox, with his experience, could have provided that cover.

He must have really enjoyed Blackpool's game at Home Park.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Mellor like a lot of players at this level have a clanger in them from time to time. I think the problem some people on here have with Mellor is that he had a few too many which resulted in goals for the opposition. He appears to be doing well at Blackpool but I wouldn't want him back. I'd be happy if we nicked Danny Hylton.

Sep 25, 2010
Wonder if we may get Luke Berry, next season, as Cambridge may not go up, as we got Spencer and Donaldson this season from them.