Colchester predictions (merged)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bradley in for Sokolik, otherwise the same team that destroyed Newport.

With nothing to lose and everything to gain I think Adams will keep the three players upfront when defending as he did against Newport.

3-1 to us.

One letter can make such a difference..... :)

"We’re going to try to get maximum points and we will put out the strangest team that I think is available at the time", said Derek

Link

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
After the Lord mayors show - Colchester fighting for the play offs and Argo fighting for the sun beds

2 - 0 defeat and title chances over realistically despite Donny only drawing

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Very difficult to call---must be difficult for the team to get themselves up for this after the euphoria of Monday. Perhaps a slight change of personnel giving some of the players who have something to prove a chance----1-0 Argyle.

Jul 29, 2010
Old Gunner":lcauh1qz said:
Very difficult to call---must be difficult for the team to get themselves up for this after the euphoria of Monday. Perhaps a slight change of personnel giving some of the players who have something to prove a chance----1-0 Argyle.
Could be a failure to be 'up' for it as you say, but equally they could play without any fear now that that the primary objective is achieved.

Plus, does DA squad rotate to preserve our top assets for next season and/or take a look at some fringe players he's yet to decide upon for next season?

Far too many variables in this one. I'd like to think he still wants the championship but he is just about the most pragmatic manager I can remember Argyle having since Pulis, i'm not sure the words 'go for it' have ever crossed his lips :lol:

Bottom line = no prediction, it's a complete lottery which team and which mindset will turn out.

...and ain't that a great thing, no criticism, the job is done :scarf:

Mar 29, 2017
Not really fussed from here on in to be honest. I'd be perfectly happy if we finished 3rd, the job for the season is done. Sure, it'd be nice to add a trophy but honestly, I'd much rather Adams used this as a chance to start getting ready for next season; giving some of the fringe players a shot with the freedom of not worrying about the result.

Jul 29, 2010
I would tend to agree...but I don't want Pompey finishing above us, traditional rivals n'all.

Jun 2, 2016
Logic would suggest a home win as we mentally relax.
But if anyone is motivated to keep going, it is Derek Adams. And he'll swap out any player who he thinks isn't 100% focused. Colchester have to go for the win, we'll hit them on the counter..... CUFC 1 - 3 PAFC :scarf:

Away win for me. I don't think it's in this team's DNA to not try hard. Already arrived. Look out for an electronic sign on the A12 which says, electronically, 'This sign is not in use'. Doncha just love the circularity of that. A bit like looking up your bum to see if your hat's on straight.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh the season has not ended - we do have a game today against Colchester Utd :)

Will he rest a few players and play from the start one or two of the 'usual' subs or leave it as it started v Newport?

Obviously bring Sonney back in if he is fit enough.

First place is there to be won, so hopefully he will play his strongest side available to him, 3 wins and we could be the Champions :)

May 16, 2016
Complacent performance. Players become over confident. Lose 2-1. All the hands that have been sat on for the last 6 days start tapping away on the keyboards.
;)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
a j bayram":kf7qd8je said:
The local paper (EADT) this morning is predicting a 2-2 draw.

Settle for that if Donny lose