Blissett -Where is he | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blissett -Where is he

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Was surprised to see Garita picked to come on ahead of him at Colchester, Blissett is the better player and he's our own player. Fitness maybe?

May 8, 2011
He was at Colchester, before the game he was warming up on the pitch with the team and then did some 1 to 1 training with Craig Brewster just in front of the Argyle fans.

Oct 14, 2015
I think the fitness he came with having left Torquay wasn't up to League 2 standard. Personally I think they'll build his fitness up between now and Aug ready for League 1. He's quite an exciting prospect and none of us are sure what'll he'll be but if pushed to chose one of either Blissett or Garita I'd go for Blissett. Seen Garita a few times and Saturday at Colchester wasn't his finest 30-35 minutes of football.

Nov 18, 2011
Surprised he wasn't on the bench given he was taking an active role in the warm up last Saturday. I like Blissett and felt he made a great impact in the game against Wycombe.

I feel that he will be a great asset next season with a Derek Adams pre season under his belt.

May 16, 2016
I'm sure I read somewhere recently -possibly on here - how he has admitted the step up in fitness was a lot higher than he expected. Maybe a pre season for both fitness and tactical understanding is required for him to be effective in L1.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Welwyn Pilgrim":2ir0n1c8 said:
I think the fitness he came with having left Torquay wasn't up to League 2 standard. Personally I think they'll build his fitness up between now and Aug ready for League 1. He's quite an exciting prospect and none of us are sure what'll he'll be but if pushed to chose one of either Blissett or Garita I'd go for Blissett. Seen Garita a few times and Saturday at Colchester wasn't his finest 30-35 minutes of football.

This "prospect" is 27 this year! :whistle:

Jul 6, 2011
Andy Holland":axw4npqz said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":axw4npqz said:

Not exactly over the hill, even in football terms :D

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
briangreen":26xxr16n said:
Andy Holland":26xxr16n said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":26xxr16n said:

Not exactly over the hill, even in football terms :D

No, but he should be at his peak at 27 and if he a) needs to be fitter and b) to develop game awareness (he hasn't had a stellar league career to date) then it's quite a punt. There is risk in this one and we've got to trust that Adams thinks he can step up, and that he is a quick learner.

Jan 27, 2012
I have a sneaky feeling that Blissett was signed before Adams knew that Taylor was available. He therefore became surplus to requirements pretty quickly.

Blissett was obviously cheap and within Argyle's modest budget. But perhaps a bit more money was thrown at the team following the Liverpool games, allowing Taylor to sign ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Guiri Green":1ou4vyu4 said:
I'm sure I read somewhere recently -possibly on here - how he has admitted the step up in fitness was a lot higher than he expected. Maybe a pre season for both fitness and tactical understanding is required for him to be effective in L1.

There was another Pasoti thread about Blissett a few weeks ago and an article in the Sun about him.....

There's an interesting article in The Sun about Nathan Blissett.
He has a degree in business management, had his own business when he was younger and plans to retire from football when he's 30 or 31 (he's now 26) and return to business.
He thought he was fit when he signed for Argyle but soon found out he was way behind our squad.

Link

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
samjones":1njeczs3 said:
If he isn't fit now he never will be. He has had plenty of time to get up to speed

I think you'll find that professional sports fitness has moved on quite a bit in recent years. There is various stages of fitness and whilst a player can get fit to play quite quickly he will be a long way behind players who have a had a full pre-season and then a regular series of training sessions and/or games. In my mind it's what has made Sarcevic's start so promising.

Jun 2, 2016
Surely he was fit enough to come on for the last 20-30 minutes instead of Garita ? Does beg the question, "where is he ?"