Saviours of Our Club | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Saviours of Our Club

Jan 29, 2006
If we can keep the momentum going to invite Peter Reid to the first match of the season & present him with something then why not include Carl Fletcher & The Saviours of Argyle.

Back in those dark days of 2011 I was glued to PASOTI & was watching the valiant efforts of the few revealing the dodgy dealing of the people put in trust of our club. People on here will be able to name those who played a great part in rescuing our club. Wouldn't it be great if we could celebrate them all together on the first day of League one.

:scarf: :scarf:

A nice thought and well intended.

Following on from previous trends on this site...............

............we have had "I'm a bigger fan than you because............................."

now we will have "I'm a bigger saviour than you because......................"

Not welcome !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Those days have gone now, we are a proper club.

Move on I say.

Dec 21, 2015
Am I missing something.... If PR was dismissed how did he pick Carl to play centre half ?

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Onwards and upwards - let's look back at the Dark Days when we're pushing for promotion from the Championship.
Things are a lot better but there's still a way to go on the Argyle journey as the older fans will know.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
TinTin":1xw089p3 said:
A nice thought and well intended.

Following on from previous trends on this site...............

............we have had "I'm a bigger fan than you because............................."

now we will have "I'm a bigger saviour than you because......................"

Not welcome !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:
In fairness to the putative saviours, they wouldn't be claiming anything for themselves; it would be other people hailing them as such.

So, actually not the same thing at all!

Jul 29, 2010
Fat_green_belly":154d1bxt said:
IJN":154d1bxt said:
Those days have gone now, we are a proper club.

Move on I say.
Agreed.
Qualified agreement, we have moved on...

..but we should never forget what happened.

Pound to a pinch of brown stuff we will at some point in the future need to draw from the experience gained back then to hold future owners to account, maybe even the current owners if times and circumstances change.

Basically in moving forward we should nonetheless never forget.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
TonyD":23mymz2g said:
Am I missing something.... If PR was dismissed how did he pick Carl to play centre half ?
You are indeed missing a perfectly clear point.

May 3, 2016
Forever greatfull, but history now.
Where would you stop, Sue Pollard, The GT's, Oddball and all the bucket collectors, all of these did a great job in saving the club.
Even the president.
:crazy:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
My most enduring memories of those days is IJN & Co's encounter with Mr Heaney at the Holiday Inn.........and also when Postey spotted at the last minute a winding up order (I think it was) due to be heard at the High Court in London when no-one else had seen it coming.