Taylor, League 1 standard? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Taylor, League 1 standard?

Jul 24, 2009
I'd say so, the Oxford manager seemed to view him as league one standard in that he played regularly, but not quite of the quality to support a play-off push at that level

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
if he's used in the way Adams uses him, he will be a real asset next season. Very intelligent player and understands his role very well. I think we're lucky to have him.

Jun 11, 2012
I'm not so sure, personally. Nifty squad player but I'd hope not a guaranteed starter.

Feb 2, 2007
He definitely is, possibly Championship. Oxford only off-loaded because he wasn't a guaranteed starter and his strengths were not how the Manager wanted to set the team up. Build a team around him and we will at least challenge for play offs.

Best mobile target with a heart striker since Mickey Evans.

Feb 23, 2008
Still find it frustrating that we stick with the one up front at home, obviously the jobs done and we're still in pole position for the title but I don't think we'd have 7 home losses on the table if we'd have played two up more often.

It's the first time I can remember seeing two up front and us not just lumping it in desperation.

Taylor definitely plays the role well but look how much more dangerous we looked second half with two strikers up top, both decent target men but both intelligent with it too.

Yeah so they made the same runs and ended up in the same zone of the pitch a few times but I think they'd be a dangerous front pair once they got used to the system.

Can't remember the last time two of our strikers scored in the same game?!

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":1zccjmii said:
Still find it frustrating that we stick with the one up front at home, obviously the jobs done and we're still in pole position for the title but I don't think we'd have 7 home losses on the table if we'd have played two up more often.

It's the first time I can remember seeing two up front and us not just lumping it in desperation.

Taylor definitely plays the role well but look how much more dangerous we looked second half with two strikers up top, both decent target men but both intelligent with it too.

Yeah so they made the same runs and ended up in the same zone of the pitch a few times but I think they'd be a dangerous front pair once they got used to the system.

Can't remember the last time two of our strikers scored in the same game?!

I would love for us to bring in someone to play off the target man. A Lavery type. Be interesting to see how we changed with one of those around.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
His last two goals coming from tight and crowded situations with his back to the goal show his undoubted ability in a crowded box. Most other strikers need to be facing the goal to score. We need to hang on to him.

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":qj1vxzhh said:
Without any doubt.

He has a real football brain.
Wot 'ee said.

And as we go upwards brains slowly start to be more useful than pure braun too.