The January signings

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
All five January signings made big contributions for our promotion and possible championship.

Sarvevic, Blissett, Taylor, Sokolik and Kennedy gave us a boost and each in their own way have made the difference over the last few months.
Four of them came from a higher standard of league plus Taylor and Sarcevic had the experience of winning promotion from League Two.

It was a brilliant piece of transfer business by Adams.

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah agree, all have contributed well and shrewd business. Taylor is the one that really stands out for me but all have pushed us over the line and can see all being key next season.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Blissett is the one that he will be most pleased with, I know I am.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
PL2 3DQ":1i4mu8mf said:
All five January signings made big contributions for our promotion and possible championship.

Sarvevic, Blissett, Taylor, Sokolik and Kennedy gave us a boost and each in their own way have made the difference over the last few months.
Four of them came from a higher standard of league plus Taylor and Sarcevic had the experience of winning promotion from League Two.

It was a brilliant piece of transfer business by Adams.

And the board as well.
Learned the lesson from last years meltdown and backed Adams well.
Last year it was resigning loans and the guy from Bury who never played. This year the spine of the team strengthened what was already a decent squad and got us through the injuries without much fuss.

Jan 27, 2012
Taylor and Kennedy have made a big difference.

Taylor is important for Adams's system because he can successfully hold the ball up. Not sure Argyle's other strikers are particularly good at that task.

Kennedy looks like a Championship player with his pace and skill. He's on the same wavelength as Carey. It would be great to have him again next season but I think we would be very lucky.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Sokolik has been the man who has stepped up in the last few weeks.

Mar 14, 2009
Blissett admitted he wasn't fit enough so credit to the guy for sticking with things.

Sarcevic seems to divide opinion. I think he is playing deeper than he would like. If Carey goes l can see him playing more in the role behind the forward next season. Something about him which l like.

Taylor looks a good player. A player who brings other people into play and he has worked his butt off in the lone forward role.

Kennedy is decent but like wide men blows hot n cold. Newport he was terrific but today l thought he was disappointing. Has made important contributions though in games but if l am honest l expected him to be much, much better than say Slew but don't think that is the case.

Finally Sokolik. I think lm in the minority but this guy still doesn't convince me at times. Not sure if it's a concentration thing as he looks good but then out of nowhere he loses his marker, mainly from crosses.

They have all contributed though and like the OP says the transfer business this year has been much better than last season.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
They've all been regulars apart from Blissett who I think will get better as he adjusts to this level, so in that respect they have all been contributing,
Pete