Celebration of promotion and sad 'Farewell' | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Celebration of promotion and sad 'Farewell'

P

pilgrim errant

On Saturday 27th April my failing heart struggled to reach my seat just behind the director's box and I had to accept that my loud "Come on Argyle" would no longer startle the Referee's Assessor and visiting dignitaries in a convenient moment of silence! An old 'Pilgrim' had made as much 'Progress' as he could manage after a lifetime of support. Friends from over 20 years shook my hand and with one or two kisses we said mutual 'farewells'.
Somehow this information had reached James Brent and he left his seat as 'Semper Fidelis' rang out and he climbed up to grasp my hand and say encouraging words including an invitation to be his guest at the first home game of the new season. A thoughtful gesture greatly appreciated.
However, I came down to earth with a bump as Argyle struggled for over an hour and were losing 1-0 to a lower placed team with nothing to play for - hardly believable.
Suddenly with 20 minutes to go an absolute wonder goal. Ryan Taylor was facing away from goal and surrounded by 7 or 8 defenders when he pirouetted through 180 degrees and volleyed the ball home with a skill Ronaldo would have been proud of. Home Park erupted.
Then in true Roy of the Rovers style with an immaculate cross from Carey and a thunderous header from Blissett we were suddenly Top of the League. What a day - what memories!

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Umm! That's very sad. Hope your ticker keeps going for a long time yet.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sad but great.

Your ticket will be honoured Mr Vale, you have our promise on that.

:nworthy:

P

Positively Green

Great to hear such a heart-warming story from the Argyle family. I hope you watch your beloved Argyle at Home Park as often as you are able in the new Season. One great thing is that in this day and age, with modern technology, we can all still be fully involved and informed, following the ups and downs through the internet and social media. Home Park is really never that far away! Best wishes to you.

:scarf:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Good health Pilgrim.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just as a little tease, I am a little bit involved in a nice surprise for Mr Vale.

:shh: ;)

P

pilgrim errant

I was delighted and surprised to receive this morning a signed Argyle shirt courtesy of pasoti and Ian Newell as a vivid reminder of this tremendous season and my last as a season ticket holder due to a failing 'ticker'. This was such a thoughtful and deeply appreciated gesture and helps me to cope with the physical limitations which age brings. The shirt will be treasured - not least by my grandchildren who are ardent supporters and will evoke memories of a great season and a just reward for the players and manager. I will continue to enjoy pasoti and especially the high standards of the brief synopses and the general ethos of the site.
Again - my heartfelt thanks to you all. COYG

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Peeps, I was merely the facilitator in this one.

It was a long term member of the PAFC back room who suggested this to me, I simply made it happen.

Oh and Brian, I hope you noticed the badge I threw in, it might have got lost in the packaging.