• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pasoti "quiet season"

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So that's the season done for us.

Parade tonight then I suspect lot of the players and staff will be heading off for holidays. Not expecting much news for a while now maybe the contracts offered news and kit plans for next season but apart from that pretty quiet until the fixtures are published.

As for this forum, what will fill the void?

Perhaps there are some ideas other than the usual "is Carey staying?", "are we signing so and so?" for threads that will help the quiet weeks fly past?

Any thoughts?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Credible rumours get posted on the main forum during the summer so that should keep things ticking over.

The plans for the refurbished grandstand will be released in early summer so that's bound to be a talking point.

There will be chat about season ticket sales, just over 1,700 have been sold so far.

And it's only seven weeks until pre-season training starts!

May 16, 2016
I thought this site generally drove itself.

Some things will predictably come up but the beauty of it is it's whatever someone feels the need to say.

:)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'll be doing a few auctions, plus a few 'Sponsored players' requests (with new Jannerbanners) and of course the World Famous 'what game will be our first' sweepstakes which always sells out.

Not exactly 'dead' here is it?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":2wotpvfl said:
I'll be doing a few auctions, plus a few 'Sponsored players' requests (with new Jannerbanners) and of course the World Famous 'what game will be our first' sweepstakes which always sells out.

Not what I was suggesting. I was simply looking for ideas for threads during the inevitable no games, no transfer phase. Thought maybe it coukd be memories of previous Argyle promotion seasons or games Not very original I recognise hence the request.

If I find some inspiration I will start one off and see if it's popular.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":34nth2y3 said:
Credible rumours get posted on the main forum during the summer so that should keep things ticking over.

The plans for the refurbished grandstand will be released in early summer so that's bound to be a talking point.

There will be chat about season ticket sales, just over 1,700 have been sold so far.

And it's only seven weeks until pre-season training starts!

So 1,700 sounds good. How many did we sell overall this season?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
GreenArmy1984":2pglmkwi said:
Won't be quite on Pasoti

* The Retain List
* Fixture Release Day
* New Kit Launch
* New Signings
* Pre Season
* The Big Kick off

I am sure the grandstand redevelopment will also be a running subject for discussion

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
cheshiregreen":1q9dfhkw said:
IJN":1q9dfhkw said:

Not what I was suggesting.

My reply read far harsher than I meant it to! :oops:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pogleswoody":82t6os1v said:
No game on Saturday? This close season is beginning to drag a little now :tumbleweed:

:lol:

And this will be our longest close season since 2013-2014. :)

Jul 29, 2010
PL2 3DQ":30v2zzcw said:
Pogleswoody":30v2zzcw said:
No game on Saturday? This close season is beginning to drag a little now :tumbleweed:

:lol:

And this will be our longest close season since 2013-2014. :)

Still only nine weeks mind, far less for the fixtures to be out and players to start training/friendlies.

With lots of transfer speculation and signings in the meantime, I think we'll cope OK.

The worst 'silly seasons' are the ones filled with bickering and petty club politics (size of ground, dissatisfaction with the board etc.). Given we've just gone up and things are relatively rosey, I'm hopeful it'll not descend to that this time round :huddle:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
cheshiregreen":zgq06w1z said:
So that's the season done for us.

Parade tonight then I suspect lot of the players and staff will be heading off for holidays. Not expecting much news for a while now maybe the contracts offered news and kit plans for next season but apart from that pretty quiet until the fixtures are published.

As for this forum, what will fill the void?

Perhaps there are some ideas other than the usual "is Carey staying?", "are we signing so and so?" for threads that will help the quiet weeks fly past?

Any thoughts?
I see what you mean about the 'quiet season'. Only 2 posts on 'Argyle Discussion' since 2300 last night.

Let's be 'avin' ya!!