Old kit sale | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Old kit sale

Jun 5, 2010
At the end of the season, why doesnt the club shop sell off the old kit? Used to years ago at half price. You can buy any replica premier league kit at this time. Missed a trick on Monday, I for one would've went into the shop before the parade, but everything is still full priced, and wouldn't be worth it now that they will be changing for the new season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lack of basic business acumen maybe :whistle:
Isn't James Brent a clothes retailer ???? I'm sure they have end of season sales as you don't sell many shorts and
T- shirts in winter or coats in the summer so surely he can find someone able to run the club shop

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":1pff90ef said:
Isn't James Brent a clothes retailer ???? I'm sure they have end of season sales as you don't sell many shorts and
T- shirts in winter or coats in the summer so surely he can find someone able to run the club shop

Crap little potshots like this really annoy me.

Do you actually think there is a lack of 'basic business acumen' at the club?

Maybe they are selling enough at full price without the need for reduction? Last time I checked there were only XXL and bigger available anyway, so they've obviously done quite well shifting them.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Biggs":4jxdijii said:
samjones":4jxdijii said:

Maybe they are selling enough at full price without the need for reduction? Last time I checked there were only XXL and bigger available anyway, so they've obviously done quite well shifting them.

Careful Biggs...there'll be a "whoosh" along shortly! :lol:

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":ma1bb9oy said:
samjones":ma1bb9oy said:

I tried to buy one online recently, but my body is not XXXL, so that's one less the club has shifted.

I also wanted one of the tracksuit tops the players walk out in, but they don't seem to be on sale which is a shame.

Jul 29, 2010
Andy_S":2urip2iw said:
Biggs":2urip2iw said:
samjones":2urip2iw said:

Careful Biggs...there'll be a "whoosh" along shortly! :lol:
Even if there is, Biggs has answered the question.

We used to have loads of kit to sell off because a) it was poo and no-one wanted it, and b) we were poo and no-one wanted to be seen in an Argyle shirt.

It is perhaps testament to Argyle's 'lack of business acumen' that a) and b) no longer apply.

No, hang on :think:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Always buy my new Argyle Shirts at the start of the Season

Too risky to wait as might sell out in my size XL

Mine are safely stored away in my collection

Looking forward to the new kit being released in the summer

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":205s4g9a said:

If buying shirts to put into a collection, does the size actually matter?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":3t34gq8k said:
GreenArmy1984":3t34gq8k said:

If buying shirts to put into a collection, does the size actually matter?

I'd guess that he wears them for the season and then 'collects' them?

I wear mine for a season then get some money for charity for it or, if we go to the Maldives or similar, will take old shirts to give to roomboy/waiter/barman. They love 'em!! Size never an issue! :scarf:

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
If only the largest sizes are available at seasons end, then they should adjust the quantities ordered, i.e. more of the popular sizes and fewer of the least popular. Then at end of season sale prices could be introduced, and fans would probably purchase other items with the money they had saved. Everybody wins.

Jul 29, 2010
lilcol":2urskmbd said:
If only the largest sizes are available at seasons end, then they should adjust the quantities ordered, i.e. more of the popular sizes and fewer of the least popular. Then at end of season sale prices could be introduced, and fans would probably purchase other items with the money they had saved. Everybody wins.
Would that it were so simple.

I think you'll find Puma dictate the minimum percentages of order per size. They ain't gonna get out of bed for us and do a tiny production run if we ordered only a handful of the less popular sizes. Another example of the one sided, non customer friendly approach of the global megabrands.

Also I have less faith in most fans than you. I believe most fans would buy a shirt at a discounted price and keep the difference, not alruristically reinvest it in a Pilgrim Pete teapot cover.

Sell it full price for as long as you can, that is the correct business approach.