Quick AFT membership and general update. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Quick AFT membership and general update.

Feb 12, 2017
This afternoon, I and few others are getting together with a ton of paperwork, envelopes and cards and 'blitzing' EVERYTHING. This should bring us bang up to date, though I expect there may be a few things we miss. We're basically looking at ALL the members we have, or have ever had - close to 2000 people - and actioning each accordingly.

The idea is that by having the membership done just twice a year, we can then spend time doing other things we want to do. There hasn't been a meeting we've had in the last 8 months where membership hasn't been the top priority. That's wrong.

Next on the agenda will be the website. It is in BAD need of upgrading and making more user-friendly so we can actually administer it easier. I have a friend/former colleague of mine working on this. Other than putting out Comms (because it works) you won't see any changes taking place. We're looking to get it hosted somewhere else because I just had it confirmed today that the domain name is not owned by us and this is a concern. I'm meeting with someone next week.

Once we can sort out these issues, we can start 'getting on' with other things we should be dealing with.

This is of course taking longer than we'd ideally have liked. Please bear with us. By the time the new season starts we should be right about where we want to be...hopefully with some new members as well :)

Tony.

B

BallboyEGS1958

SteelCannon":3cqy5443 said:
This afternoon, I and few others are getting together with a ton of paperwork, envelopes and cards and 'blitzing' EVERYTHING. This should bring us bang up to date, though I expect there may be a few things we miss. We're basically looking at ALL the members we have, or have ever had - close to 2000 people - and actioning each accordingly.

The idea is that by having the membership done just twice a year, we can then spend time doing other things we want to do. There hasn't been a meeting we've had in the last 8 months where membership hasn't been the top priority. That's wrong.

Next on the agenda will be the website. It is in BAD need of upgrading and making more user-friendly so we can actually administer it easier. I have a friend/former colleague of mine working on this. Other than putting out Comms (because it works) you won't see any changes taking place. We're looking to get it hosted somewhere else because I just had it confirmed today that the domain name is not owned by us and this is a concern. I'm meeting with someone next week.

Once we can sort out these issues, we can start 'getting on' with other things we should be dealing with.

This is of course taking longer than we'd ideally have liked. Please bear with us. By the time the new season starts we should be right about where we want to be...hopefully with some new members as well :)

Tony.

Well done Tony and the rest of the AFT helpers, it's pleasing to see that everything is being brought up to date. Hopefully the new Web Site will attract a lot of interest and become the AFT members hoy spot for anything to do with the club