Learning from European football | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Learning from European football

Aug 1, 2016
I love Argyle but I think that we should be taking some lessons from our European neighbours when it comes to supporting the team at games. With flares banned it is difficult to create such a crazy atmosphere however when a flare does get in the atmosphere really picks up.

One thing which you dont see much in English football is chants which intimidate the opposition in rugby we see the Haka and in Euro football we see 20,000 doing a war chant. Bringing one of these types of things to Argyle would really help improve the fan base as well. Imagine turning up to a game and being amonst flares and constant chants. We are a long way off however as it takes a full Devonport to get the Lyndhurst going however I think a step in the road would be to have a chant which is frankly frightening. Something basic and simple which is easy to join in on. If you look at teams like Dortmund and there chants they are short and aggressive and it makes you want to be a part of it if we were to bring on of these to Argyle the fan base would grow extememly quickly and we would really make an impact on English football.

Nov 4, 2012
Smoke bombs undoubtedly give a boost to the atmosphere. You can't mention them on PASOTI though or you'll be considered a knuckle dragging hooligan :facepalm:

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
PAFC94":3lb9pnzk said:
Smoke bombs undoubtedly give a boost to the atmosphere. You can't mention them on PASOTI though or you'll be considered a knuckle dragging hooligan :facepalm:

No they don't (apart from the few who managed to get it into the ground) and yeah, you probably are. :roll:

Have you ever had to stand in the direct vicinity of one when it is thrown?
It's funny how they aren't just dropped at the feet of the person setting them off.

tonsk

Nov 18, 2011
Just feels a bit contrived to me. The best crowd reactions are the spontaneous ones as a result of what happens on the pitch.

May 16, 2016
You're going to get your effing head kicked in.

Short and intimidating, popular in days gone by. That should get the crowds flocking back.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
You couldn't make it up, I don`t know about knuckle draggers but I bet you haven`t been walking on your hind legs very long.

How about the Italian convention of producing huge banners taunting the other team. Saw a game between Napoli and Verona where Napoli's banner read 'juliette was a whore', and verona's read 'may Vesuvius erupt and bury you all'. Very friendly. I wonder what our banner would be when playing excretia?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I find English fans desperately trying to copy European ultras a bit embarrassing, Crystal Palace are the worst for it, Huddersfield and Exeter trying to follow suit. Weird names for ultra groups, European style tacky banners, choreographed songs stolen from Germany or Poland etc. We've got our own national identity as fans and we should keep it. Hate choreographed and manufactured atmosphere's, sucks the passion out.