Pre season derby? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pre season derby?

Aug 1, 2016
Interesting conversation was brought up now we are above all the local ish teams. Would you be happy to play teams like Exeter or Yeovil in pre season? With them being a league below and nearby it makes a lot of sense and although im glad Exeter are staying down I will miss the fixture.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Exeter pre-season (it'd never EVER be a friendly!) would be torpedoed by the police without hesitation, I'm sure.

Oct 14, 2015
Emeraldinho":1f8c9dqi said:
Exeter pre-season (it'd never EVER be a friendly!) would be torpedoed by the police without hesitation, I'm sure.

Definitely.....why risk the potential of trouble and huge security costs for a pre-season friendly...

Oct 16, 2016
Ridiculous idea, it would cost more to police than money it would make

shorts, tees, and kicking lumps out of each other. Why lumber the club with a fine for disorder?

Nov 22, 2006
No not a good idea, it would just give idiots an excuse to kick off and I'm quite happy with our little trip to Torquay every season always good calm atmosphere, which a "friendly" against Exeter would not provide

p.s could not give two sh**s about playing Yeovil if I'm being honest

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
If we're classing Yeovil as a local derby then surely the Weston-Super-Mare game should satisfy the needs of those wanting a local pre-season game?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I suspect that we will see Exeter, Yeovil or both in one of the regionalised cup competitions - League Cup or Checkatrade Trophy.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Welwyn Pilgrim":30ebe68z said:
Emeraldinho":30ebe68z said:

Definitely.....why risk the potential of trouble and huge security costs for a pre-season friendly...

Exactly. The gate attendance would be significantly less for a 'friendly' which nevertheless would need to be strongly policed to cover the probability of the brainless creating mayhem. A friendly with Exeter might have greater attraction behind closed doors, at an unannounced time and place.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Knarf Reprah":1a08a15z said:
Why on earth would we ever want to play that mob again ? EVER?
:clap: