It's now 'official' we're back in League One. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

It's now 'official' we're back in League One.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
In the past, promotion from Division 4 has seemed inevitable, but this time it really feels as if we have done it against the odds and, maybe, we are finally on our way back.
Back where, I'm not sure, but at least to being a well-run and well-respected club.
I was absolutely delighted with this promotion! Well done to all the staff and fans (regulars and infrequents like me). Onwards and upwards...

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Could have been better. We could have been in the Championship if he'd pulled his finger out!

(this is a joke by the way in case anyone misses it)

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Agree, it does feel different, L_P.

I suspect the difference is that the ceiling before felt like tier two of the EL, and was cyclically achieved; yet now it feels like tier 3, no matter how the cloth is cut tier 2 would in no way be sustainable. Perhaps that then is the real long term cost of financial foul play and the regime, perfectly competent, which has had to follow.

Don't quite get the bit about respect - Leeds, Charlton, Coventry are clearly badly run but are their team/city/fans disrespected? Perhaps by the (increasing?) 1% or so of fans who daydream of footballl wage structures, club company accounts and stadium developments. But for the 99 it's still broadly about what happens on the pitch isn't it. And I don't recall much beef with, say, any of those three; and would gladly play them. Not Forest Green.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I wonder how different it'll feel. Quite often in League 1 there are some out of place big teams (Sheffield Utd, Leicester, Norwich and Manchester City spring to mind) but this season it's just Blackburn, who are obviously a bit of a basket case. It's hard to get too excited about playing teams like Oldham, Fleetwood, Gillingham and Franchise, but I guess it means we can realistically expect to be comfortably mid-table at least.