Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Scottish newspaper the Daily Record has listed five names for the Aberdeen job should Derek McInnes move to Sunderland and Derek Adams is one of those names.
The poll on the Daily Record website has Adams as last choice with currently 0% of the votes.

Daily Record

Adams had two spells as a player at Aberdeen and is another figure who knows his way around Scotland's top flight.

After a period in the top job at Ross County, he took over at Plymouth Argyle.

Thanks to a strong record when it comes to signings made during his two seasons as Argyle manager, with far more successes than failures, Adams has endeared himself to the support.

He won promotion to League One last season after an excellent campaign. He's highly regarded for the job he's done with the Pilgrims.

And, should he get the chance to come back up north, Aberdeen's stature, alongside the lure of European competition, would be bound to prove an attractive .

This story will be copied in the Herald shortly

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
jimbo_the_green":1oozliqx said:
I would like to think he's more ambitious than to be interested in a slug out with rangers for 2nd spot in the spl
Whilst that doesn't sound that appealing, competing in the Europa League might.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Argy1e":197xjof5 said:
jimbo_the_green":197xjof5 said:
I would like to think he's more ambitious than to be interested in a slug out with rangers for 2nd spot in the spl
Whilst that doesn't sound that appealing, competing in the Europa League might.

Worth pointing out that Europa league isn't guaranteed. I think Aberdeen have to go through 3 rounds of qualifying to make the group stages, something they haven't managed in either of the last 2 years and maybe longer.

Mar 23, 2008
Think he will end up back in Scotland at some point but doubt it would be now, to really put your name on the map you need to manage in the championship and let's hope its with us!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Adams can go on to manage Scotland after he leads Argyle to the Premiership...

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Headline jumps the gun a little, no actual quote saying he wants the job, only that they "understand he is keen to be considered". If it's true that they are his boyhood club with whom he has had 2 spells as a player then I can't blame him

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ermmm... That doesn't sound good.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
If he wants it or not remains to be seen but there is no chance Aberdeen will pay out the remaining three years of his contract here when Alex Neil is out of work.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
They understand he's keen to be considered = they've asked him.

This really doesn't look good.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Very speculative...who and where is the source for this info? Unsettling if true but I have no reason to think that he would be leaving.

In my eyes he's only just begun and will want his stock to be raised by keeping us in this league at a bare minimum, maybe even pushing us close to the playoffs.

As others have said where is the drive for him in the Scottish Prem? At least in the EFL and for us he has real impetus and a real sense that this club is going somewhere. Where are Aberdeen going? 3rd...maybe 2nd in the League (with the players and the spending that Rangers are doing at the moment 2nd seems unlikely.)

If he is being looked at then I hope he says "Thanks but no thanks". And guides us to the League 1 title...(a man can dream.)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also, is there a worse possible time to lose a manager than this?

The entirety of our recruitment process and pre season planning is either decided by or revolves around Derek Adams.