Team Of Captains | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Team Of Captains

Koala Green

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
โœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I was listening to a podcast the other day and Jim Rosenthal was on it talking about the Euro 96 England team and he described it as a "Team Of Captains". (Pearce, Adams, Ince, Shearer, Seaman, Gary Neville, Campbell, Sheringham etc). Despite the thought that our England team today has nowhere near that amount of leadership, it got me thinking about Argyle.

One thing Adams seems to be creating is strong personalities and leaders across the park. Edwards looks like a great prospect and leader in the making to go with Luke, Bradley, Sawyer, Songo, Fox, Taylor, Threlkeld, Miller. I know Ainsworth and the new Portuguese lad might have had mixed reviews from ex supporters, but I think the strong backbone of leadership Adams is creating will rub of well on new recruits and keep standards high. Regardless of whether Carey stays or not we may not end up having the most expensive or most talented team on paper but I think we are going to be damned hard team to beat and a match for anyone in League 1 next season.

I'm excited to see the squad Adams is creating. a great mix of age, experience, personality , leadership and a few with a point to prove. We've still got 5 or 6 to sign too.

Roll on August!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Melbourne Green

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Jul 12, 2005
I think Warnock assembled a team of captains in his first season at Argyle: from memory, I think his first batch of signings included about 5 captains from other clubs. Has to be a good thing.

Mar 23, 2008
I think football generally lacks leaders and characters these days, your heart on your sleeve type captains are in short supply as football has become more sterile and staged.

Flagman

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
I thought it was Hodges team that was the team of Captains?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Shilton had a few captain's from previous teams in his team - Poole, McCall, Joyce, Castle and Swan.