Pitch | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pitch

Sep 25, 2010
Looking at the picture of Jamie Ness and Craig Brewster, the pitch is looking nice, at this stage

May 26, 2015
Good to hear that the pitch is looking good, but can we please restore it to its proper width and length dimensions. I've made this point on a couple of threads, but nobody seems to be interested. The pitch should be regarded as being sacrosanct; it should not be messed about with by a manager and last season's home form shows that shrinking it had an adverse impact.

Jul 29, 2010
Maybe it would've been worse?

What the manager wants, he should get.

Not saying I agree with it but that's how it should work.

May 8, 2011
RochdaleGreen":6f23q9l7 said:
Good to hear that the pitch is looking good, but can we please restore it to its proper width and length dimensions. I've made this point on a couple of threads, but nobody seems to be interested. The pitch should be regarded as being sacrosanct; it should not be messed about with by a manager and last season's home form shows that shrinking it had an adverse impact.

Actually we got more points at home last season than the year before, 42 compared to 39 as we won one more game.

Mar 14, 2009
RochdaleGreen":2j808cp5 said:

I thought the home form hasn't been great for a number of years.....

Under Sheridan we were pretty dismal at times.

The problem last season was how much we gave the ball away. This is why away from home we were a better side. Our strengths were our pace and counter attacking ability. In fact, it was similar the year before.

Now we need to find players who have the ability to keep the ball.

I think the other problem was the CAM position. As much as I love Carey he roamed around everywhere on the pitch. This created a problem for the isolated forward because if Carey was as deep as the two deeper lying midfielders the options further forward were limited in terms of passing options as the two wide men could also be isolated by the opposition defenders.

May 8, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":3e7h54dy said:
RochdaleGreen":3e7h54dy said:

I thought the home form hasn't been great for a number of years.....

Under Sheridan we were pretty dismal at times.

The problem last season was how much we gave the ball away. This is why away from home we were a better side. Our strengths were our pace and counter attacking ability. In fact, it was similar the year before.

Now we need to find players who have the ability to keep the ball.

I think the other problem was the CAM position. As much as I love Carey he roamed around everywhere on the pitch. This created a problem for the isolated forward because if Carey was as deep as the two deeper lying midfielders the options further forward were limited in terms of passing options as the two wide men could also be isolated by the opposition defenders.

Looking at GOS, the last two seasons have only been bettered 3 times since the record season of 2001/2.

The last year under Sheridan we got 45 points at home, the other times were the promotion years of 2003/4 with 56 points and 2001/2 with 61 points.

May 26, 2015
X Isle":20i58uhm said:
Maybe it would've been worse?

What the manager wants, he should get.

Not saying I agree with it but that's how it should work.

Can't agree with you on this one X'y. Managers come and go, but the pitch is the pitch and should be respected, not violated. Besides, as general rules, the bigger the pitch, the more attractive the football, and the closer the pitch is to the crowd, the better the atmosphere.

Jul 29, 2010
Fair enough, and as I said if it were up to me I'd agree.

I just think however you should give your manager as free a hand as possible, however wacky and illogical if he thinks it'll assist the formation and players he's using, we should provide it.

...apart from shirt colour though, obvs :wink:

May 26, 2015
X Isle":evl1qgpn said:
Fair enough, and as I said if it were up to me I'd agree.

I just think however you should give your manager as free a hand as possible, however wacky and illogical if he thinks it'll assist the formation and players he's using, we should provide it.

...apart from shirt colour though, obvs :wink:

Fair enough as you say X Isle and thanks for your reply.