• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Dave MacLaren.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I have just received the following message from Dave Maclaren's daughter Alison. "Dad passed away last night just before midnight. He is at least at peace now as he was suffering dreadfully in the end. Scarlette sang all her children's choir songs to him last night like an angel lifting him up to heaven. On the way home she said Grandpa was a good man and would be taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire. Thank you all so very very much for your kindness and loving support. X" For those too young to have seen him play, be assured that Dave Maclaren was one of our finest post-war goalkeepers. He had lived in Australia for more than forty years and passed away in Castlemaine, Australia.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Sad, sad news indeed.

He was also part of my earliest memories at HP as well, a great goalkeeper.

Condolences to family and friends.

RIP Dave

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
John Newman was grteatly saddened today when I broke the news to him. The two played together at Leicester City prior to being re-united at Home Park. He told me: "We had some great times, on and off the field, at both clubs."

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I sent an email to him via his daughter when the thread referencing his illness appeared on here in May. I'm sure he will have known how highly he was thought of by Argyle fans. RIP Dave. Our thoughts are with Alison and the rest of his family.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
As I remember he was treated very unfairly by Malcom Allison when Allison preferred the clown Noel Dwyer.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Dave MacLaren was a class act. In my 65 years supporting Plymouth Argyle I have not seen a better Argyle goalkeeper.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Always remember Dave coming out for the ball and raising his leg up, that always seemed to work against the on rushing attackers.
RIP great keeper.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Green as Grass":3b7yqj80 said:
Dave MacLaren was a class act. In my 65 years supporting Plymouth Argyle I have not seen a better Argyle goalkeeper.

That's some praise. :thumbup:

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
dunlop":7j05adsy said:
Green as Grass":7j05adsy said:

That's some praise. :thumbup:

How I agree with that!! In my support of Argyle since a young boy in 1957, I can recall 'big' Dave Maclaren dominating his area. A big man with a big amount of talent. One of the best keepers ever at Home Park.

RIP Dave.