Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Started:

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm 

What will the ultras do, why do we need them, can't we just sing what we want when we want like we normally do, i just don't see the point in it?

Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm 

a proper ultra following in amazing real passion and flare (not flares lol) it will spur the team on and give us the 12th man boost

WE ARE ARGYLE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 pm 

John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?

I live up in the midlands, but whenever i am able to get down we always seem to have a decent atmosphere. its not just me who's not so keen on the ultra idea, i've seen some people who are completley against it, i just don't see it working

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?

I live up in the midlands, but whenever i am able to get down we always seem to have a decent atmosphere. its not just me who's not so keen on the ultra idea, i've seen some people who are completley against it, i just don't see it working

Only one way to find out.
Stop being negative. :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:20 pm 
Member Staff

John Petrie wrote:

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
What will the ultras do, why do we need them, can't we just sing what we want when we want like we normally do, i just don't see the point in it?

To me and alot of other people we will always be the Green Army so as long as it stays that way at home and away matches i dont really mind what ultra groups or other groups are invented.

Our away support atmosphere is unreal when the vociferous hardcore green army are brought together anyway without these groups being made so im guessing its mainly being introduced for the home games more than anything which if it improves the Home Park atmosphere is good news in my book :thumbup: .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:25 pm 

John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 pm 

greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Really ?

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Really ?

Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 pm 
Member Sponsor

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

I'm sorry, but what a load of rubbish!

It's what proper footballers live for! I, personally, wouldn't want anyone to play for us if they were that weak-willed to be scared by a bit of chanting and singing of support!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 pm 

Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Really ?

Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Heard it all now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Really ?

Yes.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol: