Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Starts In:

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:37 pm 
Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Cornwall
I'm backing out if this .


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am
Location: Plymouth
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all


Heard it all now.

_________________
Always Believe!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 7:07 pm
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Really ?

Yes.


Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .


If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 pm
Location: Plympton
Have to say Home Park has been quieter than my local library for the last few years but that said there hasn't been a lot to shout about apart from the sh1t refs we blame ever week :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Newcastle
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Really ?

Yes.


Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .


If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:

Still not convinced it will work, willing to give it a go, but just don't want a division between fans, with people who sit in block 3 and 4 thinking their better fans then everyone else

_________________
We are staying up, say we are staying up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm 

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 7:07 pm
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Really ?

Yes.


Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .


If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:

Still not convinced it will work, willing to give it a go, but just don't want a division between fans, with people who sit in block 3 and 4 thinking their better fans then everyone else


Well thats alot better than some fans. I think with Chris at the helm this could be a great success, i read somewhere that when Crystal palace set their group up everyone was against it and thought it would be a major flop and look at it now!


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm 
Member Staff

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Tavistock area
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.


All right then,i'll put it another way.Do you think that the alleged lack of atmosphere to which you refer is a result of consistently poor performances on the pitch or do you think that the consistently poor perfomances on the pitch have been caused by the lack of atmosphere? Just a simple question asking for a simple answer,just like the first one.

_________________
BRENT OUT


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:35 pm
Location: Paignton
Sorry I have been asleep - can someone please explain what a ultra is?

Seen it mentioned in lots of thread titles, lately but haven't had the time to read through.

And do we really need to 'quote' so many times? Doing my head in.

_________________
EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm 
Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Cornwall
djg145 wrote:
Sorry I have been asleep - can someone please explain what a ultra is?

Seen it mentioned in lots of thread titles, lately but haven't had the time to read through.

And do we really need to 'quote' so many times? Doing my head in.

What quotes ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:35 pm
Location: Paignton
Look upthe page and you will see.

Note I didn't fall for your trap ;)

_________________
EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm 
Member Sponsor2 Staff
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Bovey Tracey & Plymouth
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?


And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?


Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.


Blimey chaps - surely this habit of dousing anybody with an alternative viewpoint with a fatal dose of sarcasm is damaging to our aims??

For what it's worth, my views are that the Ultras are definitely worth starting up & could be a real feature of home games.....

However during our most recent successful times, the atmosphere at HP was amazing & I recall several teams making mention of the mighty Home Park atmosphere....

That this has evaporated in recent years is nothing to do with the lack of a coordinated group of highly-vocal fans, it's (to me ) because we've been unable to become excited about watching the failing efforts of a group of not-up-to-it professional footballers.

It's not really a British thing to extravagantly support an unsuccessful team - I would suggest that it's unheard of this side of the Midlands.

To heap ridicule on those questioning attempts to buck this trend says - arguably - more about the reasons behind our, at times fractured fan base than any differing viewpoint ever will.

Let's support what we want to support & question what we want to question without having to suffer the sarcasm & patronising put-downs that ultimately, will defeat the very goal that those offering the ridicule are targeting.

_________________
Jon

Twitter : @JonBack1


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 pm 
Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Cornwall
djg145 wrote:
Look upthe page and you will see.

Note I didn't fall for your trap ;)

:-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Since the redevelopment of the 3 sides the atmosphere has been not as good. Even at the QPR 2-0 the atmossphere was a bit flat. Compare that to the Bristol City game where we won 4-1? To go up or the Colchester game in play offs. Electric.
Home Park used to be a fortress and it needs to be again.

_________________
Looks painful doesn't it...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a j bayram, admisc, agentgreen, Akos Bubacksy, Alan-Frost, Andrew_Holcombe, Andy Holland, Andy_Blackett, Andy_S, Andy_Tall, argyle1234, argylemad93, BallboyEGS1958, barmybodminbill, bizzay1, Block sixteener, BojanTheGreat, Brazilboy, bringonthemilkman, bristolmac, BubbaSparx, buck197, Camelford Green, Carlo, Chobham Green, Chris Dart, Clem, come on, Connor Clarke, Cornish Chris, crownhillpilgrim, Dan Ellard, Deacster, Devonportender, Dubai Green, Ed, esmer, Every Saturday, Fergy, gaspargomez, Glynn, graham g, Green as Grass, green4eva27, Green_Don, greenarmyman116, GreenBin, greendan47, Greenheart, GreenMatt, GreensOnScreen, HarlHM, Heathrow Green, huxy314, i_love_green, IJN, Ironside's a Green, James_Dennis, James_Poynter, JeanandJohn, jerryatricjanner, jespafc, Jimmyd, jimsing, JMS, John Cooper, John Place, Johnny Paradise, jsimmons, Keepitgreen, kernow19, Kevin_Dacombe, keyser soze, khennes_904, Kilgore Trout, kingobadingo, Knarf Reprah, LarryBignell, Leeder, LeonTheGreen, Little Jimmy, love_walrus, Lundan Cabbie, Martin Langford, Martin Thomas, McQ, Mike Greening, ming the merciless, Mister Green, MrP20, naddem, NDgreen, Newmansd, nick_PASTIE, NJS37, NorfolkGreen, Old Gunner, Ollieargyle9, Ottawa Green, OxfordGreen, PAFC is for life, Pasties and Cider, Paven, pedro91, pepilgrim, petewebb@64, phil-thefluter24, philking12, pilgrim_steve, pilgrimmike1, plazex, plymptonpilgreen, Pogleswoody, Poolepilgrim, PureGreen, Put ME on the pitch!!, Quizmike, r4h4al, Raul 1, RichieB, Rob_of_the_Greens, robbieB, Rod of Asclepius, rose, Sam Barker, Spark, spowell92, Steve.PAFC2012, stewthenoo, Stuart_Bloye, sundance, Théo, tigertony, TomD0407, Trebargran, Trev501, warney, Wilfredo, WottonForEngland and 853 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.