Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season Starts In:

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clarification needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:37 pm 
Staff

I'm backing out if this .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

Good point, time for everyone to stop bothering, we've got an excuse not to.

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Heard it all now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
A simple question for you in return. Do you think that the atmosphere at Home Park is good and intimidates the opposition?

And a simple question in return: Do you think that results and performances over the past 3/4 years have done anything to encourage a good atmosphere?

Cheering can make some players more nervous and play worse so if it is non stop the younger players especially will not be aided, it may encourage some players but not all

Really ?

Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

Stop being so negative and give it some time.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

If they cant deal with some chanting then they have chosen the wrong career.

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm 

Have to say Home Park has been quieter than my local library for the last few years but that said there hasn't been a lot to shout about apart from the sh1t refs we blame ever week :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm 

Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Really ?

Yes.

Mate are you kidding? I really cant tell?! I've watched and read so many things saing that players love fans to be vocal as it spurs on the team and the crowd really does act like a 12th man at times.

An ultras group will only help the atmosphere, it will allow new chants to be created and people will have a lot of fun in the process.

With people cheering it puts more pressure on the team, because they don't want to let the fans down but the pressure for some of the younger lads especially could be too much, Some players are worse with non stop cheering .

Trust me, chanting can only help... I cant believe i'm having to even say this :lol:

Still not convinced it will work, willing to give it a go, but just don't want a division between fans, with people who sit in block 3 and 4 thinking their better fans then everyone else

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm 

MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
Away_Days wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
greengenes wrote:
MidlandPlymothian wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Really ?

Yes.

Still not convinced it will work, willing to give it a go, but just don't want a division between fans, with people who sit in block 3 and 4 thinking their better fans then everyone else

Well thats alot better than some fans. I think with Chris at the helm this could be a great success, i read somewhere that when Crystal palace set their group up everyone was against it and thought it would be a major flop and look at it now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm 
Member Staff

John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

All right then,i'll put it another way.Do you think that the alleged lack of atmosphere to which you refer is a result of consistently poor performances on the pitch or do you think that the consistently poor perfomances on the pitch have been caused by the lack of atmosphere? Just a simple question asking for a simple answer,just like the first one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 pm 

Sorry I have been asleep - can someone please explain what a ultra is?

Seen it mentioned in lots of thread titles, lately but haven't had the time to read through.

And do we really need to 'quote' so many times? Doing my head in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm 
Staff

djg145 wrote:
Sorry I have been asleep - can someone please explain what a ultra is?

Seen it mentioned in lots of thread titles, lately but haven't had the time to read through.

And do we really need to 'quote' so many times? Doing my head in.

What quotes ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm 

Look upthe page and you will see.

Note I didn't fall for your trap ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

John Petrie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
John Petrie wrote:

Blimey chaps - surely this habit of dousing anybody with an alternative viewpoint with a fatal dose of sarcasm is damaging to our aims??

For what it's worth, my views are that the Ultras are definitely worth starting up & could be a real feature of home games.....

However during our most recent successful times, the atmosphere at HP was amazing & I recall several teams making mention of the mighty Home Park atmosphere....

That this has evaporated in recent years is nothing to do with the lack of a coordinated group of highly-vocal fans, it's (to me ) because we've been unable to become excited about watching the failing efforts of a group of not-up-to-it professional footballers.

It's not really a British thing to extravagantly support an unsuccessful team - I would suggest that it's unheard of this side of the Midlands.

To heap ridicule on those questioning attempts to buck this trend says - arguably - more about the reasons behind our, at times fractured fan base than any differing viewpoint ever will.

Let's support what we want to support & question what we want to question without having to suffer the sarcasm & patronising put-downs that ultimately, will defeat the very goal that those offering the ridicule are targeting.

Twitter : @JonBack1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 pm 
Staff

djg145 wrote:
Look upthe page and you will see.

Note I didn't fall for your trap ;)

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 am 

Since the redevelopment of the 3 sides the atmosphere has been not as good. Even at the QPR 2-0 the atmossphere was a bit flat. Compare that to the Bristol City game where we won 4-1? To go up or the Colchester game in play offs. Electric.
Home Park used to be a fortress and it needs to be again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next