Song for argyle | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Song for argyle

Nov 19, 2011
When FV1886 started we were all suggesting songs to become the iconic tune of PAFC, like Liverpool's YNWA or West Ham's Blowing Bubbles.

Just a thought, but could we use "Setting Sail" which the club recorded in the late 90's?
Would it be up to standard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lIEUcE_Pk0
Lyrics:

we are the pilgrims
pride of the league, we're setting sail
to get where we belong, we'll never fail
glory glory to the plymouth argyle

forget the bad times
put them away and lets believe
tomorrow we can realise our dreams
we can be champions, football's kings

when the storms come, we turn our backs towards the breeze
then the sun shine will always shine upon our super greens

when the crowds come (or roars?)
we'll get behind you all the way
we are your army
green blood in our hearts and in our veins

we are the greens, we are the greens
and we are sailing to new waters with our dreams
come on you greens, come on you greens
you know we'll always be the only football team

Nov 19, 2011
Callum Cuzner":bh0i64pk said:
Love It!

Great Song and kinda describes how we're responding to the administration!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I thought so too, here is the song uploaded on youtube by somebody to give people an idea of speed and rhythm. I'm sure it would sound great when sung by a few hundred... or thousand at Home Park!

There are also a few more verses, but that would take some learning :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lIEUcE_Pk0

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Never heard that one before, it's good but very difficult to get started initially.

Definitely something for the FV committee to consider going forward. But for the short term it's got to be about building presence and getting louder. This is a long term thing.

Nov 19, 2011
Fair enough, thank you for the feedback.

I take your point, hopefully we can have an "Argyle song" - like this - by the time we get back to the championship :scarf:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I like it, I can imagine it being played as an anthem for Argyle if it could get enough support...

Only problem I see with it is the pictures of Argyle fans clashing with the police, not a proud moment for any club or it's fans in my opinion, still a good song though :thumbup:

Nov 19, 2011
Ollieargyle9":287xi1iw said:
I like it, I can imagine it being played as an anthem for Argyle if it could get enough support...

Only problem I see with it is the pictures of Argyle fans clashing with the police, not a proud moment for any club or it's fans in my opinion, still a good song though :thumbup:

Point taken regarding the police thing. However, the video is not mine, it was the only place I could find the audio as I don't have the cd or anything.

I think it could be our 'blue is the colour' :scarf: