Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GAS board update
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 am 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

An update re set-up process on the OS now (apols can't link at mo).

Twitter : @JonBack1

Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am 
http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/PresidentsPr ... 44,00.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 am 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

If I've read it right, Chris's commentary on the proposals seems to suggest that membership of the new board may be used to bring in new money - have I got that right?

If I have, it's not something I was anticipating (& I mean that as a neutral observation!).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 pm 
Member President

JonB wrote:
If I've read it right, Chris's commentary on the proposals seems to suggest that membership of the new board may be used to bring in new money - have I got that right?

If I have, it's not something I was anticipating (& I mean that as a neutral observation!).

Not sure where you've got from Jon? Apologies if any part leads to that impression because that isn't the case. I'll try to pop back later to pick up any questions etc or posters are welcome to use the email facility.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 pm 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

Thanks for the quick reply - I'm furtively typing in a hospital waiting room so may have misread but the way it was edited on the OS seems to read that board members could bring money to the table.

Jon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm 

Might this "My guess is that all constituencies will bring loyalty and commitment to Argyle, but some might bring other things as well (e.g. money to buy season-tickets, money to invest in the club, etc.)." be where JonB gets the suggestion that the GASB members may actually bring extra money to the table?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:13 pm 
Member President

knecht wrote:
Might this "My guess is that all constituencies will bring loyalty and commitment to Argyle, but some might bring other things as well (e.g. money to buy season-tickets, money to invest in the club, etc.)." be where JonB gets the suggestion that the GASB members may actually bring extra money to the table?

That's a reference to the 20% offer to the Trust from JB.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:12 pm 

Hmm, quite a lot to digest, not least the use of the word "constituency" and it would follow from there as to who can vote and in what (if any) "constituency"

I hope as someone already openly declaring I will stand that we will all know the rules for the contest. I hope reading this that individuals independent of existing groups will still be able to stand.

I await progress with much interest.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
Admin

The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?

An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:47 pm 

PL2 3DQ wrote:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.

Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:50 pm 
Sponsor2 Staff

Maybe it is me being cynical, but it doesn't seem as straightforward as it was first announced.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm 

dunlop wrote:
Maybe it is me being cynical, but it doesn't seem as straightforward as it was first announced.

Haha very true Mike.

Still, we may be jumping the gun, we all need to see how this pans out first. Although by having only 15 people at the meeting and it starting at noon one wonders if it will be abale to be inclusive and allow enough time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:08 pm 

tonycholwell wrote:
dunlop wrote:

Haha very true Mike.

Still, we may be jumping the gun, we all need to see how this pans out first. Although by having only 15 people at the meeting and it starting at noon one wonders if it will be abale to be inclusive and allow enough time.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Hold the front page.

Pasoti poster admits he MAY be getting his shreddies in a twist...without knowing all the facts first.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: