Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season ends in:

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets do something
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:09 pm 
Friend

tonycholwell wrote:
Ottawa Green wrote:
Let the Green Taverners and Pasoti do all the fund raising, let the Trust do what they do best.

Which is?
:)

Tony you are a naughty boy, you fully know the Trust are engaged with "Operation Groundswell" (Or were :) )

How was that measured? I get confused easily :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:36 pm 

Ade, greetings and salutations.

Amongst all the hype I do know, as do we all, that the Trust lent £4,000 to the GT's.

Repayment terms have never been publicised to my knowledge (but I dont read on here as avidly as I did) but the operative word is "lent".

Whilst Mark today has made an appeal to supporters groups to donate their reserves to the Argyle staff a deafening silence was traced to the Trust. If they can't donate anything, they have the wrong set of rules!

It will be fun next season how the poor old GT's will try to stir the loins of the fanbase into turning up to more fund raisers for the ..............Trust, to repay their loan.

Actually, it wont be fun, it will be bloody sad, just as well individuals and real supporters groups dont have the same mentality.

Real supports support real!

ps No one was harmed in the making of this post, but I still have my stab jacket on :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 pm 
Member Sponsor Staff

Keep sniping guys, really helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:23 pm 

GreenTaverners wrote:
Having had a phone call with Chris this morning, I can assure everyone that Chris is working away on things in the background that will become more apparent over the next days and weeks, and is also being very supportive to Green Taverners, and is working on ways to increase the exposure of the need to raise money for the staff fund.

Over the last few weeks the GT's have struggled as expected to raise the money needed to get to the staff, the money needed every week is in excess of £5000 and currently we are struggling to raise over £1000 a week, which means we can only hand over one payment every 6 weeks and I have been discussing this with Chris this morning as to ways we can try to get more donations from fans.

We also addressed comments made by lots of people as to was the staff fundraising efforts actually allowing the Administrator to take more time over things and I have to say that this maybe the case.

A lot of options are being discussed as to ways to raise money, but raising a few hundred £'s every now and again are great but are really not helping to raise the £5k plus we need a week, which was what was expected over the close season.

If anyone has any ideas on ways to raise money for the staff please feel free to contact me on contact@greentaverners.co.uk, and we can support efforts from anyone who wants to do anything.

I would also like to call on any local businesses that can help in any way, or supporters groups that can make contributions to the staff fund to please feel free to make as much in payments as you can, this doesn't have to be done through the Green Taverners, it can be paid direct to the staff through PAFC, please ask for contact at club by emailing me, so if any supporters groups might have say £5k in a bank can I urge you to use this at this time and make payments direct to the staff.

The GTs have done a wonderfull job in raising money for the staff and other stuff.

But are we not now at the stage in the administration process where the current staff wages should be paid by Brenda from the money he's receiving?

With the remaining £800,000 from the PB plus £50,000 ish from Bristol City and £125,000 from QPR re Mackie, about one million quid will drop into Brenda's lap by the end of June.

Yet he cannot afford to pay the staff wages for the month of June.

I think we need an explanation from Brenda before people are asked to dig into their pockets yet again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 pm 
Member Staff

GreenTaverners wrote:
Having had a phone call with Chris this morning, I can assure everyone that Chris is working away on things in the background that will become more apparent over the next days and weeks, and is also being very supportive to Green Taverners, and is working on ways to increase the exposure of the need to raise money for the staff fund.

Over the last few weeks the GT's have struggled as expected to raise the money needed to get to the staff, the money needed every week is in excess of £5000 and currently we are struggling to raise over £1000 a week, which means we can only hand over one payment every 6 weeks and I have been discussing this with Chris this morning as to ways we can try to get more donations from fans.

We also addressed comments made by lots of people as to was the staff fundraising efforts actually allowing the Administrator to take more time over things and I have to say that this maybe the case.

A lot of options are being discussed as to ways to raise money, but raising a few hundred £'s every now and again are great but are really not helping to raise the £5k plus we need a week, which was what was expected over the close season.

If anyone has any ideas on ways to raise money for the staff please feel free to contact me on contact@greentaverners.co.uk, and we can support efforts from anyone who wants to do anything.

I would also like to call on any local businesses that can help in any way, or supporters groups that can make contributions to the staff fund to please feel free to make as much in payments as you can, this doesn't have to be done through the Green Taverners, it can be paid direct to the staff through PAFC, please ask for contact at club by emailing me, so if any supporters groups might have say £5k in a bank can I urge you to use this at this time and make payments direct to the staff.

If you agree that the money raised is hindering the administration process then shouldn't it stop, shouldn't we all stop giving money so we can get this sorry mess sorted out one way or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:59 pm 

sharkbait wrote:
GreenTaverners wrote:

If you agree that the money raised is hindering the administration process then shouldn't it stop, shouldn't we all stop giving money so we can get this sorry mess sorted out one way or the other.

Yeah I agree however the staff also need to be thought of at this time, and tbh it is a very difficult position to make a decision on this and I think the priority needs to be to try and continue to help the staff, while we ask these questions of the administrator and PR.

Support the Argyle Youth team to go to the Milk Cup
http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2014/04/pafc-youth-milk-cup-donations/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm 

GreenTaverners wrote:
sharkbait wrote:
GreenTaverners wrote:

Yeah I agree however the staff also need to be thought of at this time, and tbh it is a very difficult position to make a decision on this and I think the priority needs to be to try and continue to help the staff, while we ask these questions of the administrator and PR.

Please see my post above.

I think we need an explanation from Brenda before people are asked to dig into their pockets yet again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm 

David_Fisher wrote:
Please see my post above.

David yeah I agree totally, and this is something that we are trying to do, but the staff still suffer from no money. Did you get my PM?

Support the Argyle Youth team to go to the Milk Cup
http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2014/04/pafc-youth-milk-cup-donations/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm 
Friend Member Staff

tonycholwell wrote:

Amongst all the hype I do know, as do we all, that the Trust lent £4,000 to the GT's.

1.Repayment terms have never been publicised to my knowledge (but I dont read on here as avidly as I did) but the operative word is "lent".

2.Whilst Mark today has made an appeal to supporters groups to donate their reserves to the Argyle staff a deafening silence was traced to the Trust. If they can't donate anything, they have the wrong set of rules!

It will be fun next season how the poor old GT's will try to stir the loins of the fanbase into turning up to more fund raisers for the ..............Trust, to repay their loan.

Actually, it wont be fun, it will be bloody sad, just as well individuals and real supporters groups dont have the same mentality.

3.Real supports support real!

ps No one was harmed in the making of this post, but I still have my stab jacket on :)

Tony, not one to bite normally after reading one of your posts but part of that is highly offensive.

1. Why should re payment terms be published? What good would it do to feed you and your constant bile?

2. You moan about the Trusts constitution constantly. Why not stand on the inside p*ssing out instead of the outside p*ssing in? You can hardly complain about the rules if you are not a member.

3. This is the one that I find highly offensive. Are you really saying that the ISC, who give up many hours, take time off work and respond to queries while on holiday are not real fans? I would question your support of Plymouth Argyle as all you seem to be able to do is snipe at those that are trying (in different ways) to make a difference.

or

http://machupicchuchallenge2014.everydayhero.com/uk/warren

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 pm 

As far as fundraising is concerned I wonder if an approach could be made to the club for the Trust/Green Taverners/Pasoti to run the Bristol City friendly with proceeds to go to the staff fund....if they aren't paid up by then

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:52 pm 
Admin

Laughter My Ploy wrote:
As far as fundraising is concerned I wonder if an approach could be made to the club for the Trust/Green Taverners/Pasoti to run the Bristol City friendly with proceeds to go to the staff fund....if they aren't paid up by then

That is a cracking Idea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

Wozzer Bowden wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

1.Repayment terms have never been publicised to my knowledge (but I dont read on here as avidly as I did) but the operative word is "lent".

2.Whilst Mark today has made an appeal to supporters groups to donate their reserves to the Argyle staff a deafening silence was traced to the Trust. If they can't donate anything, they have the wrong set of rules!

3.Real supports support real!

Tony, not one to bite normally after reading one of your posts but part of that is highly offensive.

1. Why should re payment terms be published? What good would it do to feed you and your constant bile?

2. You moan about the Trusts constitution constantly. Why not stand on the inside p*ssing out instead of the outside p*ssing in? You can hardly complain about the rules if you are not a member.

3. This is the one that I find highly offensive. Are you really saying that the ISC, who give up many hours, take time off work and respond to queries while on holiday are not real fans? I would question your support of Plymouth Argyle as all you seem to be able to do is snipe at those that are trying (in different ways) to make a difference.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tony, you state "but I dont read on here as avidly as I did", yet you're always on the Trust forum. :? :? :? :?

Join the Argyle Fans Trust at http://www.argylefanstrust.com/join/

Delapsus Resurgam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 pm 
Staff

My original post was made out of frustration and a need to "shake the tree " . I apologise if I have upset any of the ISC but felt the need to speak out . My only desire is to help Argyle and at this particular juncture - THE LOYAL STAFF .

I'm racking my brains for ideas , for a great idea that will work to help them .

Again I apologise if it was perceived I went over the top .

gg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next