Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season ends in:

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets do something
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 pm 
Staff

PL2 3DQ wrote:
A "Plymouth Argyle Lottery" could raise some funds, in the same style as the St Lukes Lottery.

The snag is the time it would take to set up and then sell tickets and all the legal hoops to jump through.
Tickets could be sold through a dedicated website, door-to-door or in the future at matches?

Its certainly worth exploring .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:52 am 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

greengenes wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:
A "Plymouth Argyle Lottery" could raise some funds, in the same style as the St Lukes Lottery.

The snag is the time it would take to set up and then sell tickets and all the legal hoops to jump through.
Tickets could be sold through a dedicated website, door-to-door or in the future at matches?

Its certainly worth exploring .

Wasn't there an Argyle lottery a few years ago? Maybe someone who was involved in that (if they post on here) could give us some pointers. I don't know if it was during Andy Budge's time as Commercial manager.

Join the Argyle Fans Trust at http://www.argylefanstrust.com/join/

Delapsus Resurgam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 am 

PL2 3DQ wrote:

Hi Ian, i have this morning been in contact with the Gambling commission to see if this is possible, i will update when i hear back from them.

Support the Argyle Youth team to go to the Milk Cup
http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2014/04/pafc-youth-milk-cup-donations/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 am 

I seem to recall that the original Argyle Lottery which started in the mid 70s withered away when the National Lottery started.

Certainly worth consideration though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 am 

I seem to recall that the original Argyle Lottery which started in the mid 70s withered away when the National Lottery started.

Certainly worth consideration though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 am 
Admin

GreenTaverners wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:

Hi Ian, i have this morning been in contact with the Gambling commission to see if this is possible, i will update when i hear back from them.

Thanks.

This is more of a long term fund raising idea rather than to help the staff immediately. If it works then it will have to be decided where the money goes - maybe the youth set-up with some cash ring-fenced just in case this situation ever happens again.
It would need a strong advertising campaign across Plymouth and surrounding areas.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 pm 

Wozzer Bowden wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Ade, greetings and salutations.

Amongst all the hype I do know, as do we all, that the Trust lent £4,000 to the GT's.

1.Repayment terms have never been publicised to my knowledge (but I dont read on here as avidly as I did) but the operative word is "lent".

2.Whilst Mark today has made an appeal to supporters groups to donate their reserves to the Argyle staff a deafening silence was traced to the Trust. If they can't donate anything, they have the wrong set of rules!

It will be fun next season how the poor old GT's will try to stir the loins of the fanbase into turning up to more fund raisers for the ..............Trust, to repay their loan.

Actually, it wont be fun, it will be bloody sad, just as well individuals and real supporters groups dont have the same mentality.

3.Real supports support real!

ps No one was harmed in the making of this post, but I still have my stab jacket on :)

Tony, not one to bite normally after reading one of your posts but part of that is highly offensive.

1. Why should re payment terms be published? What good would it do to feed you and your constant bile?

2. You moan about the Trusts constitution constantly. Why not stand on the inside p*ssing out instead of the outside p*ssing in? You can hardly complain about the rules if you are not a member.

3. This is the one that I find highly offensive. Are you really saying that the ISC, who give up many hours, take time off work and respond to queries while on holiday are not real fans? I would question your support of Plymouth Argyle as all you seem to be able to do is snipe at those that are trying (in different ways) to make a difference.

Right, 3rd attempt at replying.

1.Repayment terms are not important really just the fact it has to be repaid!
2. Whichever way you look at it, in your own words, someone is pi$$ing all over the place. Bit like being the only black guy in the KKK.
3. Jeez Woz you really have turned into a big girls blouse. Supporters groups are dedicated to supporting Argyle. By definition, the same can not be said of the Trust. I thought even you would have seen that.

If you are offended then perhaps you should look at what the Trust stands for, leave and join a proper supporters group.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 pm 

Wozzer Bowden wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

Amongst all the hype I do know, as do we all, that the Trust lent £4,000 to the GT's.

1.Repayment terms have never been publicised to my knowledge (but I dont read on here as avidly as I did) but the operative word is "lent".

2.Whilst Mark today has made an appeal to supporters groups to donate their reserves to the Argyle staff a deafening silence was traced to the Trust. If they can't donate anything, they have the wrong set of rules!

It will be fun next season how the poor old GT's will try to stir the loins of the fanbase into turning up to more fund raisers for the ..............Trust, to repay their loan.

Actually, it wont be fun, it will be bloody sad, just as well individuals and real supporters groups dont have the same mentality.

ps No one was harmed in the making of this post, but I still have my stab jacket on :)

Tony, not one to bite normally after reading one of your posts but part of that is highly offensive.

1. Why should re payment terms be published? What good would it do to feed you and your constant bile?

2. You moan about the Trusts constitution constantly. Why not stand on the inside p*ssing out instead of the outside p*ssing in? You can hardly complain about the rules if you are not a member.

3. This is the one that I find highly offensive. Are you really saying that the ISC, who give up many hours, take time off work and respond to queries while on holiday are not real fans? I would question your support of Plymouth Argyle as all you seem to be able to do is snipe at those that are trying (in different ways) to make a difference.

2. Whichever way you look at it, in your own words, someone is pi$$ing all over the place. Bit like being the only black guy in the KKK.
3. Jeez Woz you really have turned into a big girls blouse. Supporters groups are dedicated to supporting Argyle. By definition, the same can not be said of the Trust. I thought even you would have seen that.

If you are offended then perhaps you should look at what the Trust stands for, leave and join a proper supporters group.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:03 pm 

Wozzer Bowden wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm 

Pontypoolgreen wrote:
I think we've got it now Tony. :lol:

Sorry Ponty, but since coming under the influence of " The Others" he has got the hide of a house spider.

Just best to reassure the old chap the difference between a supporters group and the Trust. I thank you for the opportunity to clarify.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:50 pm 

Pontypoolgreen wrote:
I meant the treble post...

LOL as you may see elsewhere, I have typed some rather brilliant posts, if I say so myself, when, at the point of climax, well, hitting the "submit" button, the buggers decided to disappear.

I considered this an affront to decency and even enquired if I had been banned for saying Boo to the Trust Goose.

Apparently, it was not.

Make of that what you will.
:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 am 
Friend Member Staff

Trust Goose.
House Spider.
Big Girls Blouse.

How nice of you to resort to personal abuse.

Not going to get drawn in to these sort of attacks so last post by me on the matter.

or

http://machupicchuchallenge2014.everydayhero.com/uk/warren

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 pm 
Member Staff

Now now Tony and Wozzer we all have an opinion some are right and some are wrong but we are all grown men with Argyle's best interests at heart, I think you should both apologise, shake hands, sit down have a beer together and forget this ever happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next