Old boys progress | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Old boys progress

D

DuncMcRae

Saw that Jack Stephens started at RB for Southampton in their cup game against Sunderland. That all seems a long time ago now.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
29th October

Wylde - not included in Millwall squad

Hartley - unused sub for Bristol rovers.

Boating- not in squad.

Nelson - full game for Oxford.

Matt - played 82 minutes for Blackpool.

Mellor - full game for Seasiders.

Reid- edited - Played 72 mins in win at Morecambe

Harvey - unused sub for Wrexhaam but Bencherif played and scored for Wrexham.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Jeff Stelling reported Nathan Thomas scoring a great goal today, his seventh of the season. I am pleased for the lad - the few times I saw him I felt there was a player in there somewhere.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I wonder how Wylde felt today in not even being part of Millwall's squad? Does he wish himself back at Home Park for regular football, perhaps. Despite Argyle's League position, I do feel there is merit in having a 'pukka' winger in the squad rather than having the likes of Slew and Carey trying to be equally effective. They both have merits but are no substitutes for outright speed.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2fnkmbr6 said:
I wonder how Wylde felt today in not even being part of Millwall's squad? Does he wish himself back at Home Park for regular football, perhaps. Despite Argyle's League position, I do feel there is merit in having a 'pukka' winger in the squad rather than having the likes of Slew and Carey trying to be equally effective. They both have merits but are no substitutes for outright speed.

Wylde scored hardly any goals and couldn't cross for love nor money.

The idea of him being a standout 'pukka' winger is a myth.

I am sure Adams wants players like Jervis, Tanner, Donaldson and Carey who put some goals in the net and create chances, rather than sprinting down the wing like Usain Bolt and giving the ball away far more often than not.

S

Staniforths perm

Wylde offered a good alternative for games like yesterday. He worried teams with his pace, yes his crossing was not always the best but I would still like us to have a player like that to use

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Staniforths perm":2dikxmrz said:
Wylde offered a good alternative for games like yesterday. He worried teams with his pace, yes his crossing was not always the best but I would still like us to have a player like that to use

Too true. I get fed up with balls being played out of defence by Bradley to Purrington, back to Bradley, Bradley to Slew, who is now closed down, ball back to Bradley, who lumps it forward and then Argyle tend to lose possession. I saw too much of this yesterday and it got us nowhere.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
His first goal for Blackpool but then he goes off injured.
Substitution, Blackpool. Danny Philliskirk replaces Jamille Matt because of an injury.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
edmonds200":r13891ei said:
BOCO scores again in FA Cup to knock high flying Bradford City out of the cup. Thats 6 in 8 starts this season...

Did he ever 'play' for us?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Strange isn't it? He was totally crap for us but seems to fit right back into Stanley.

Good on him.