Tony Pulis

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
mervyn":3c96f0er said:
I know Pullis has his detractors, but I'll never forget his immediate influence on our shambles of a team when he arrived at HP. If I remember correctly his first game was a goal-less draw at Southampton, where we played with amazing cohesion, with every player suddenly seeming to know what was required of him. Been a Pullis fan ever since, and I think had he stayed our fortunes may have been significantly different.

Totally agree - made us really hard to beat within 7 days !

Hope we don't need his expertise in this skill set, but ...

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Phill Gill was very instrumental in his appointment and remains a close friend. He deserves credit for getting him here.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Penlee":uqp30aco said:
Phill Gill was very instrumental in his appointment and remains a close friend. He deserves credit for getting him here.

Q: What would be your greatest achievement from your time at Argyle?

PG: It is difficult to answer that one when so many people right through the club were all part of the great things that were achieved. 
I guess that persuading Tony Pulis to come on board was a big thing for me personally. We had just been beaten away at Brighton under Bobby Williamson and it was clear that we were in big trouble, the spirit in the dressing room wasn't there and that a change needed to be made. I managed to get hold of his number and spent 4 hours at our first meeting talking through our situation and football in general. 

It was clear within the first 10 minutes that Tony was an incredibly ambitious and professional guy and talked total sense. After several meetings and countless phone calls we managed to convince Tony that it would be a good career move for him. 
Having said that, there were other board members who needed convincing that he was the man to get us out of trouble. It is no surprise to me that he went on to tidy up his unfinished business at Stoke and achieve so much with them.

Aug 5, 2016
Tony Pulis is a millionaire who is financially settled. Depends if he is finished with managing struggling Premier League teams and wants a longer term career challenge again.

Apr 12, 2016
Personally I was disappointed when he left us although I understood the reasons why. He did well to rescue us that season and although of course we will never know now it would have been interesting to see how we would have fared had he stayed.