Marc McCallum | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Marc McCallum

Apr 30, 2017
Listening to what DA said earlier this afternoon, he has said thanks but no thanks to our contract offer. Don't blame him in the slightest because he is getting to the age in which he needs to be playing week in week out in whatever country that is. I spoke once, and very much seemed a good character and very much a professional who many a likely to look upto.

As a result of this, I expect DA will be on the lookout for a cheap option as our third choice goalkeeper.

Good luck too the lad, and I very much hope he goes on and has a good career

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Joe Totale":1tbl0gc9 said:
Isn't there anyone from the youth team who could step up and be the third keeper?

That's a good point. Rarely is a third keeper required and if one of the first two pick up an injury we could get someone in on an emergency loan.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
warney":3oyhqu8r said:
Joe Totale":3oyhqu8r said:
Isn't there anyone from the youth team who could step up and be the third keeper?

That's a good point. Rarely is a third keeper required and if one of the first two pick up an injury we could get someone in on an emergency loan.

No we can't. Emergency loans were scrapped last season. Hence the need for three keepers.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Nobby":3axv7w41 said:
warney":3axv7w41 said:
Joe Totale":3axv7w41 said:

No we can't. Emergency loans were scrapped last season. Hence the need for three keepers.
A keeper can still be brought in but only for a week's loan. Would have to be a real emergency just to have cover for one, maybe two matches at most.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Keepitgreen":tin73wf3 said:
Nobby":tin73wf3 said:
warney":tin73wf3 said:
Joe Totale":tin73wf3 said:

A keeper can still be brought in but only for a week's loan. Would have to be a real emergency just to have cover one one, maybe two matches at most.
They can be extended by a week at a time, but not if your other keeper(s) recover from their injuries.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I saw Mike Cooper on a few occasions, once against Ivybridge in SWPL and 3 times for the U18's. I thought he looked impressive. Not sure if he will be 3rd choice as I think he is only 17.

Feb 28, 2016
davie nine":2pcyzc6j said:
I saw Mike Cooper on a few occasions, once against Ivybridge in SWPL and 3 times for the U18's. I thought he looked impressive. Not sure if he will be 3rd choice as I think he is only 17.

I'm not too sure on DOBs but second year apprentices will be 17 turning 18. Cory Harvey was used as cover a few times when he was a second year, don't know if he was 17 or 18 at the time.

If Mike Cooper (who indecently I would say at this moment in time would be the best bet on someone from that year breaking into the first team, I agree with Davie he is very impressive and it was easy to forget he was only a first year apprentice last season.) was called up last season it would have meant having to put a schoolboy keeper in any SWPL weekend game it clashed with, which they might have been a bit concerned about if they felt he wasn't yet ready.

This season you've got two apprentices (Max Childs a first year and Mike Cooper obviously a second year) goalkeepers so probably less of need for a third keeper, I think there has been a couple of times when we have had Football League/SWPL and U18s all playing same day, if not same time that's when it could become stretched without 3 GK.

As for Marc I thought he looked pretty decent whenever I saw him play, seemed good at encouraging the younger players so I am sad to see him go although fully understand and respect his reasons. I only ever spoke to him the once but come away with the same positive opinion as the OP, he does seem like the type others look up to so I wish him all the very best for the future, he is another who's career I will keep an eye on.