Matty Kennedy | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matty Kennedy

Jan 27, 2012
Is there any chance of Matty Kennedy coming back to play for Argyle in League One ?

I know that Adams has signed a lot of wide players recently, but Kennedy looked a different class last season and his style of play fits Adam's system perfectly. If he was part of the squad, I'd be optimistic about reaching the playoffs this year instead of just consolidating.

My guess is that Cardiff want him in their first-team squad or Argyle simply cant afford his wages this time.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Warnock made very clear last season that he wasn't going to loan us Kennedy again this season because he wants him for the first team. We don't actually need any more wingers now anyway though.

Apr 30, 2011
yashin":294jsqwt said:
I think he was a one trick player and once the opposition sussed him he was ineffective.

Totally agree. He scored some great goals and gave us a timely boost when we needed it but overall, discounting the spectacular goals, I didn't see a player worth breaking the bank for.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Meh. He gave us a boost when we needed it but his one trick of cutting in on his right was soon worked out and he became quite ineffective from there on. If he hadn't scored those goals in his first few games I get the feeling people's overall opinions on him would be different. For me it's a case of thank you for your contribution but no thanks to returning, needs to add some more strings to his bow, and I'm not sure we really need another wide player.

Jan 27, 2012
Hmm.....
this thread gets moved off the main board (probably because I posted it) yet a post about the Sun newspaper and Hillsborough stays where it is.

In my view, Kennedy is a class act and his "one trick" of cutting inside and scoring goals is what Arjen Robben has been making a career out of. A player like Kennedy can win a game that would otherwise be 0-0.

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":11tivd1y said:
Meh. He gave us a boost when we needed it but his one trick of cutting in on his right was soon worked out and he became quite ineffective from there on. If he hadn't scored those goals in his first few games I get the feeling people's overall opinions on him would be different. For me it's a case of thank you for your contribution but no thanks to returning, needs to add some more strings to his bow, and I'm not sure we really need another wide player.

I must admit I hadn't realised it was so easy to cut inside on your favoured foot (after skinning a couple of defenders) and blast shots from outside the box into the top corner.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wylde, Grant, Lameiras and Ainsworth doing it on a regular basis too.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":fgpe40dq said:
Cobi Budge":fgpe40dq said:

I must admit I hadn't realised it was so easy to cut inside on your favoured foot (after skinning a couple of defenders) and blast it in the top corner.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wylde, Grant, Lameiras and Ainsworth doing it on a regular basis too.

Find me where I said it was easy?

Jun 11, 2012
He's a much better player than Gregg Wylde. I'd have taken him back but there's no room in the squad for another wide player in my opinion.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
In the Ainsworth montage there were at least 2 'Kennedy specials' as well as several others from different angles and distances. If he comes off, why would we need Kennedy?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I'd have preferred him that Wylde, but that's by the by now.
I agree with Balham, think he's a bit overrated to be honest.