• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Peter Reid autobiography

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I hope he does offer up some revelations. But that said, I was hoping for some revelations from Paul Sturrock's book but that really fell short of "telling all".

Nov 9, 2008
memory man":3vhln3hi said:
I hope he does offer up some revelations. But that said, I was hoping for some revelations from Paul Sturrock's book but that really fell short of "telling all".

The Sturrock book was possibly the worst I've ever read. It was so poorly written.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
memory man":4xofth3d said:

Yeah me too. There was very little Argyle stuff in his book, just a few silly anecdotes, and saying how the downfall wasn't down to him (but he would say that.)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Just read the Argyle reference which is quite short.

Reid says that soon after joining he realised the club was in trouble as a club credit card was declined when he booked a flight from Manchester. He outlines the situation when the staff and players went without wages and refers to helping players with rent and the club heating bill.

He confesses that preparations for games were difficult and his heart wasn't in it. He points out that P & A were in a very nice hotel and that he sold his FA Cup medal He says he always did his best for the club but not sure "certain people" could say the same. He calls it an amazing experience and says the fans stopped the club from dying.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's not often you can call a manager or player a legend when they didn't actually achieve anything on the pitch, but Peter Reid is the exception, a definite legend, hope he comes back as a guest one day as he'd get an Akos-esc reception.