O'Connor (signs for Burton) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

O'Connor (signs for Burton)

Aug 5, 2005
As there's no news about him signing a new contract, do we assume he is off tomorrow?

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Small bit in the 'Erald today with Adams saying he's spoken to his agent and he wants a L1 club but Adams not given up hope.

C

Cobi Budge.

Has been in talks with and now on trial at Burton...one of the rumours I have actually been correct on :cool:

Bit depressing to think Burton can pip us to signing AOC but it's time to forget him, move on and get a replacement.

C

Cobi Budge.

The way I see it is that he did a very good job for us but if he doesn't want to be part of what DA is building and would in fact prefer a move to a much smaller club, then it's time to say cheerio, forget and replace him.

Jun 18, 2015
I still think Lee Cox would do a solid job in O'Connors position anyway. Always annoyed me when Sheridan played the likes of Blizzard ahead of him. Personally I feel Cox is underrated. If we get O'connor back then great news but if not and I cant see it just move on im sure there are decent options out there as well as Cox.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Greenford":2cg96fw9 said:
I still think Lee Cox would do a solid job in O'Connors position anyway. Always annoyed me when Sheridan played the likes of Blizzard ahead of him. Personally I feel Cox is underrated. If we get O'connor back then great news but if not and I cant see it just move on im sure there are decent options out there as well as Cox.

Well Cox is another player that won't be allowed to 'coast' through games by DA (based only on what I've read obviously). In his first spell here I don't think I saw Cox play at home, I was on holiday for several games, was he injured too? When he signed I was pleased based on what others wrote but, when I saw him play, I was disappointed, good player with ability but , on occasions, five yards away seemed too far for him to go get involved. Can do a job for us but needs a (hopefully imaginary) rocket up his ***** (you know, that thing that John Stead is going to rip a new one of in this league .. apparently :whistle: )

Time will tell, I am surprised that O'Connor gave Sheridan's Argyle a real chance but won't give it a go with DA? :think:

Jun 8, 2014
Pogleswoody":tt5wld6c said:
Greenford":tt5wld6c said:

Well Cox is another player that won't be allowed to 'coast' through games by DA (based only on what I've read obviously). In his first spell here I don't think I saw Cox play at home, I was on holiday for several games, was he injured too? When he signed I was pleased based on what others wrote but, when I saw him play, I was disappointed, good player with ability but , on occasions, five yards away seemed too far for him to go get involved. Can do a job for us but needs a (hopefully imaginary) rocket up his ***** (you know, that thing that John Stead is going to rip a new one of in this league .. apparently :whistle: )

Time will tell, I am surprised that O'Connor gave Sheridan's Argyle a real chance but won't give it a go with DA? :think:

Don't think I've ever seen Cox 'coast' through a football match, so not quite sure where you've got that one from? In his appearances last season he wasn't actually bad at all, and if he can stay fit he's the perfect midfield partner for a box to box midfielder.

Not quite sure what '5 yards seemed too much for him' means either?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Paven":4z555a2d said:
Pogleswoody":4z555a2d said:
Greenford":4z555a2d said:

Don't think I've ever seen Cox 'coast' through a football match, so not quite sure where you've got that one from? In his appearances last season he wasn't actually bad at all, and if he can stay fit he's the perfect midfield partner for a box to box midfielder.

Not quite sure what '5 yards seemed too much for him' means either?

Yep the perfect midfielder who has never scored a goal for Argyle....