Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
I think it's pretty widely agreed across the GA that Curtis now fully deserves his forthcoming move up the leagues and I hope he gets a great deal at a really good club.
Still very sad to see him depart all the same, he has been a fantastic servant to our club on and off the pitch and a thoroughly decent lad too. To have captained and played nearly 250 games for Argyle at the age of 23 speaks volumes and let's not forget he started his career as a teenager in our very darkest days.
Thank you Curtis and good luck for the future Pilgrim. :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No bitterness from me.

Best of luck to him in the future.

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah great servant for us, think now he needs a bigger club and better players alongside him to push on again, could see him in the Championship at some stage, maybe beyond who knows? Best of luck.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Thought we might wait until he actually goes before this thread started.

I was still hoping he might stay !

Jul 10, 2013
Never got to say goodbye which is disappointing, but fully agree with everything StroudGreen said.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
As we've seen with Bolasie, Mackie and Puncheon, there is simply no way of knowing for sure what a player's limits are. Nelson is strong, quick, can play the ball out from the back and has shown his leadership qualities.

There are worse defenders than him currently in the Premier League, and the sky really is the limit.

Good luck, Curtis :thumbs:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A big thanks to Curtis Nelson, he was the last of the "administration" players and played through the darkest days of PAFC.
As a young player it must have been bewildering for him to suffer defeat after defeat, relegation after relegation and not getting paid.

He came through all that and we've watched him grow up to become an excellent defender and our leader for the past two years.

Nelson will always be a Pilgrim. Good luck, you deserve a chance in a higher league.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
He could go all the way. I really hope a big club picks him up as I'm confident he will succeed wherever he ends up. Good luck Curtis and thanks.

Feb 2, 2007
Absolutely wish him all the very best. Enjoy the challenge of higher level footy that you richly deserve and thank you for being a brilliant Pilgrim!

Nov 18, 2011
Curtis richly deserves his move to a bigger club, whoever that is. He's earnt it after being thrown into the deep end as a teenager in our darkest days and managing to survive where several of his team mates didn't.

I believe he would have still moved even if we went up because the Championship and a wage we couldn't match would be calling.

All the best Curtis, one player who'll always be welcome back at Argyle.

Nov 18, 2011
Biggs":ujg90qnx said:
As we've seen with Bolasie, Mackie and Puncheon, there is simply no way of knowing for sure what a player's limits are. Nelson is strong, quick, can play the ball out from the back and has shown his leadership qualities.

There are worse defenders than him currently in the Premier League, and the sky really is the limit.

Good luck, Curtis :thumbs:

Agreed, he's just turned 23 which is pretty young for a centre back, he won't peak for another 5-6 years by which time I'm sure he'll have honed his craft.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Would be a poor show if a player of the class of Curtis didn`t want a chance to prove himself on a larger stage, good luck and thank you wherever you end up.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Good luck Nels you will be missed. You've done yourself and the club proud over the last 6 years or so.