Jordon Houghton to Doncaster (out for rest of season) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jordon Houghton to Doncaster (out for rest of season)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ottawa Green":1jj1krva said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/former-plymouth-argyle-loanee-jordan-houghton-set-to-join-up-with-league-two-rivals/story-29580244-detail/story.html

I just wonder whether his Loan Agreement with THe Dons will have the same clause as it apparently did with :whistle: Argyle ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Interesting to see how he does on 10th December at Home Park. I think he was unfairly criticised on here. He certainly didn't have the impact that Hiram Boateng had in his first spell but he showed some skill. I do recall that he got slated for a poor challenge that resulted in Exeter's first goal at St James Park. However, he scored a good goal at Morecambe and I particularly remember a superb measured pass (that he got no credit for) to Jamille Matt that resulted in a goal at Cambridge.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Ok player for us with the potential to go a lot further I'd have thought.

This would be a pretty good signing but Doncaster have a joke of a manager so I'm not worried.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
As anonymous as Dominic Blizzard. Undoubtedly capable of a good pass or strike at goal, but it depended on him being unchallenged with a 10 yard radius around him. The pass to Matt at Cambridge was superb, as was Jamille's run and strength, but it was the only thing he did all game. We suffered through the majority of the match as he was unable to maintain any influence on the game. A ghost in the tackle and a buckler under pressure. He was a player who was far too used to playing safe U21 football, another loan move will do him well - I'm not surprised it's to league two again.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
SwimWithTheTide":3jndnwyy said:
As anonymous as Dominic Blizzard. Undoubtedly capable of a good pass or strike at goal, but it depended on him being unchallenged with a 10 yard radius around him. The pass to Matt at Cambridge was superb, as was Jamille's run and strength, but it was the only thing he did all game. We suffered through the majority of the match as he was unable to maintain any influence on the game. A ghost in the tackle and a buckler under pressure. He was a player who was far too used to playing safe U21 football, another loan move will do him well - I'm not surprised it's to league two again.
I tend to agree with this and in particular the under 21 remark. I felt that on the couple of occasions I saw him his speed of thought maybe the problem but you are right SWTT, too use to safe football. Unfortunately Leagues 2 and 1 require a bit of "muck and nettles" as well as finesse.

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":33p1w3si said:
Interesting to see how he does on 10th December at Home Park. I think he was unfairly criticised on here. He certainly didn't have the impact that Hiram Boateng had in his first spell but he showed some skill. I do recall that he got slated for a poor challenge that resulted in Exeter's first goal at St James Park. However, he scored a good goal at Morecambe and I particularly remember a superb measured pass (that he got no credit for) to Jamille Matt that resulted in a goal at Cambridge.

It was a pretty standard through ball. I think you are looking at it with rose tinted specs to remember it as some kind of Pirlo pass. I say that as a fan who was at the game.

I was also at Leyton Orient and Houghton had his finest half there. But he was not a good enough player for Plymouth Argyle in my opinion. Too short, terrible at headers, lacked bite, and played nothing but simple passes. He was a passenger in my opinion that did nothing that someone like Ben Purrington could have done in that position. He was the same age as Hiram Boateng, which puts it into perspective. Adams would walk over broken glass to get one back, but I don't think he would even want the other back.

I remember thinking it was a blessing in disguise that Houghton was unavailable for the play-off matches with Portsmouth. It allowed us to start our strongest team, and I didn't think Adams was going to do that for a minute. I thought he was going go with continuity and keep Houghton in the fold.

I'm surprised at Doncaster taking him and think they could have done better. Will be surprised if he doesn't shuffle down to the bench quite soon, as they don't look to be messing about this season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He got an EFL Player of the Month and has retained his place in Doncaster's successful campaign.

Obviously, had more potential than some on here gave him credit for.