• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Geoff Barnsley 81 today

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Had a telephone chat today with Geoff Barnsley on his 81st birthday. He remains healthy and as sharp as a tack and is always keen to get news of former colleagues. And he loves to talk about his time at Argyle. Today one of the things we talked about was a match at Bradford City which ended 0-0. It was just a few days past his 23rd birthday - 58 years ago - and he is reminded of one incident in the game every day. "The pitch was bone-hard and one of the Bradford players had took one of the layers off his leather stud, exposing the four nail heads to give him grip on the ice. He slid into me and I still have the 6 inch scar on my thigh." But Geoff doesn't need reminders - he seems to be able to recall every minute of every match he played. I have a special interest in the players of that era and he underlined today just why I never tire of listening to them. We also talked about the passing of Dave Maclaren, his rival for the first team spot for the 1960-61 season. "I am sorry to hear that. He was a really nice fellah and clever too. If you speak to the family at all then please pass my condolences to them. We were rivals but always remained good friends as well - not something that always happened."

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Geof was fearless would not think twice to dive in at a players feet to win the ball.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
dunlop":3uqo9eab said:
Geof was fearless would not think twice to dive in at a players feet to win the ball.
His wife Amy reckons "fearless" had nowt to do with it - she reckoned it was because he was daft!