Jukebox | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jukebox

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I saw that too. My memory linked back to his time under Pulis [I think] when he was a loanee at Argyle. I cannot say that I was too impressed with him back then, but to is credit, he was a lot younger. He has since been sufficiently successful as to enjoy continuous employment in the FL as a striker, without really 'pulling up trees' .Good luck to the guy at Birmingham. I just hope that come next June, he will not wish himself back at Burnley.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":3t4nybf4 said:
I saw that too. My memory linked back to his time under Pulis [I think] when he was a loanee at Argyle. I cannot say that I was too impressed with him back then, but to is credit, he was a lot younger. He has since been sufficiently successful as to enjoy continuous employment in the FL as a striker, without really 'pulling up trees' .Good luck to the guy at Birmingham. I just hope that come next June, he will not wish himself back at Burnley.
He played here under Sturrock who had known him at Swindon Town. If one looks at his record he has only once breached 18 starts in a season. But earlier this season he had a very successful loan at Birmingham C; by his standards 8 starts plus 3 sub appearances and 5 goals is absolutely prolific. 13 starts and 19 sub appearances over 3 seasons and no goals suggest Burnley will not miss him!!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
memory man":2fr3l8k6 said:
Quintrell_Green":2fr3l8k6 said:
He played here under Sturrock who had known him at Swindon Town. If one looks at his record he has only once breached 18 starts in a season. But earlier this season he had a very successful loan at Birmingham C; by his standards 8 starts plus 3 sub appearances and 5 goals is absolutely prolific. Perhaps someone tipped off Zola that the lad likes it at St Andrews. 13 starts and 19 sub appearances over 3 seasons and no goals suggest Burnley will not miss him!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":7apx5acj said:
Quintrell_Green":7apx5acj said:
He played here under Sturrock who had known him at Swindon Town. If one looks at his record he has only once breached 18 starts in a season. But earlier this season he had a very successful loan at Birmingham C; by his standards 8 starts plus 3 sub appearances and 5 goals is absolutely prolific. 13 starts and 19 sub appearances over 3 seasons and no goals suggest Burnley will not miss him!!

I take it that Argyle loan period for the player was under Sturrock's first reign as gaffer? It seems light years ago now.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Quintrell_Green":1uym3kb1 said:
memory man":1uym3kb1 said:
Quintrell_Green":1uym3kb1 said:

I take it that Argyle loan period for the player was under Sturrock's first reign as gaffer? It seems light years ago now.
2007-08 Sturrock's second spell.