Ashley Barnes | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ashley Barnes

N

NorfolkGreen

Did anyone think he would be a Premier League player, let alone scoring up there?

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Always new he would come good when he first arrived at the Theatre Of Greens and I sponsored him.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Another player I didn't warm to but subsequently went on to better things. So many players simply left us trailing in their wake in the Championship years. I get the feeling that we must have been a walkover in negotiations.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argy1e":16ijkh1c said:
Played a blinder today. Sunderland were awful though.

So, Barnes played a blinder, for Burnley, who lost to Manchester City; whereas, Sunderland were awful when they drew with Liverpool?

I would have thought that Sunderland were delighted with that. I'll settle for that result on Sunday.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
davie nine":2kuv43cn said:
Argy1e":2kuv43cn said:

So, Barnes played a blinder, for Burnley, who lost to Manchester City; whereas, Sunderland were awful when they drew with Liverpool?

I would have thought that Sunderland were delighted with that. I'll settle for that result on Sunday.
I posted that on NYE after Burnley beat Sunderland 4-1...I couldn't tell you what either were like yesterday as I was at Barnet.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Green_Matt":1yehtwqa said:
Another player I didn't warm to but subsequently went on to better things. So many players simply left us trailing in their wake in the Championship years. I get the feeling that we must have been a walkover in negotiations.
Barnes, Mackie, Buzsacky, Puncheon, Noone, Bolasie, Mason.......just off the top of my head (feel free to add others) all players that were widely slagged off by the PASOTIrati as being massively over-rated and could never make it at a higher level.......now have a read of some comments on current threads about Carey :facepalm:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argy1e":aq4mv77n said:
davie nine":aq4mv77n said:
Argy1e":aq4mv77n said:
OK

I posted that on NYE after Burnley beat Sunderland 4-1...I couldn't tell you what either were like yesterday as I was at Barnet.
Apologies, Argy1e. Didn't notice the date.