Joe Mason | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Joe Mason

Dec 4, 2011
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/all-about/joe-mason

Interesting article about Joe Mason saying that he may be out of Wolves this summer.

If Carey fancies a go in the Championship then could Mason play the number 10 role if we get promotion?

My feeling is that it is unlikely as we would have to pay a fee that we probably can't afford but might be interesting to monitor.

C

Cult Of Personality

Mason good player . Never got the chance to really see him shine down here.

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think Joe Mason is Championship quality, so it stands to reason Wolves are releasing him.

With us in League One though, it could be a logical move if no one offers him ridiculous wages.

Nov 18, 2011
Mike Charlick":2e6r3mfq said:
Couldn't afford his wages.

Probably true. I'd also add that if Adams plays the same way next season I don't think Mason would really work in our system. A bit like when we had Goodwillie at the beginning of the season.

Jan 27, 2012
I doubt if Tommy Tynan at his prime would get into Adams team.
He's not a target man or a wide player.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Knibbsworth":23ddsign said:
I don't think Joe Mason is Championship quality, so it stands to reason Wolves are releasing him.

With us in League One though, it could be a logical move if no one offers him ridiculous wages.
Is that a fact or speculation?

Apr 1, 2009
Knibbsworth":2ryne6oz said:

Utter nonsense. Wolves can't release Mason as he's got two years left on his contract. I can understand, however, if they want to move him on due to him not producing much. I imagine, however, that a £3m player is on a fair whack and Wolves may find it difficult to find a purchaser prepared both to pay a chunky fee and to match the money Mason expects to earn over the next 2 years. That's certainly not going to be us, but maybe Joe will come "home" later in his career.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I don't know a single club that Joe Mason has been at in the Championship where the fans don't think he's good enough. He's just not a Paul Lambert style player.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I know he'd love to come back BUT wages and status (league 1) would obviously be an obstacle. One day he will I am sure

Jul 29, 2010
I'd love him to come back. A real 100%er.

DA will need some marquee signings next summer and what better than to get "one of our own" back.

He also needs to find that elusive 'something different' for playing at home. Mason playing off a big striker? that's making me salivate :thumbup:

Feb 6, 2011
If he wants a way out we could take him on loan? As long as Wolves pay the wage bill of course and he gets a run out at HP!!