Craig Tanner (merged x 4) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Craig Tanner (merged x 4)

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Does anyone know if Tanner was in Grimsby yesterday as part of the celebrations?

I am disappointed Tanner has not had much game time recently as I think he is going to grow into a very good League 1 player and could also help bring that spark of creativity if Carey leaves. I just think he needs some consistency.
Also having seen some tweets from Tanner and Threlkeld, it strikes me they are very good mates and also seems a strong part of the dressing room culture. It appears that Adams is unlikely to sign Tanner, hopefully this does not have Oscar looking elsewhere.

If Tanner does leave, I think he deserves a big thank you form the Green Army for helping us get where we are today these last couple of seasons.

Sep 25, 2010
plymouthboyuk":1klgvnhl said:
Tanner was on the pitch celebrating with the players after the match as was Garita

ALL the first team squad was there, DA wanted that

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Surprised he wasn't on the bench yesterday. We had two big men on the bench in Spencer & Blissett, but nothing else. He would've been a decent attacking option late on.

Sep 6, 2006
plymouthboyuk":2jkobvnx said:
Tanner was on the pitch celebrating with the players after the match as was Garita

Celebrating what? The promotion celebration was 2 weeks ago.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3dzrlc07 said:
plymouthboyuk":3dzrlc07 said:

Celebrating what? The promotion celebration was 2 weeks ago.

Best asking Tanner that isn't it ?

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I saw him coming out of the ground after the game... was decent enough to stop and chat with fans and pose for photos but in my opinion he looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else.

Aug 11, 2013
ping_g5":127hc549 said:
I saw him coming out of the ground after the game... was decent enough to stop and chat with fans and pose for photos but in my opinion he looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else.

Agreed. He posed for a photo with my daughter and said a few thankyous but looked really 'down in the dumps' by all accounts but probably because he was desperate to be playing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knarf Reprah":1fp3qwrg said:
I've heard rumours, which I'm not putting on here as to why the lad isn't even in the squad

Why put that then if your aren't prepared to elaborate?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tanner is only 22 and will still be inconsistent.

He's done really well for us, making 50 appearances last season and scoring 6 goals and again scoring 6 goals this season in 34 games. Many 22 year olds will be happy with those stats as they forge a career.

In effect he's only been missing from the last two match day squads so it's not as though he's completely disappeared.

The question now for Adams will be is Tanner good enough for League One and if so will Reading let him come back to us?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Personally think Tanner is best used as a CAM, might be the reason he's struggled to get gametime because we've already got Carey and Sarcevic.