Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   Auction Payments
New Season ends in:

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:56 pm 
Sponsor2 Staff

Wozzer Bowden wrote:
All I can ask as far as the Trust is concerned is patience. We are under going a change on the board and there will have to be a change of focus. We have our first meeting tomorrow since the departures and top of the agenda is the election. In my view this must happen as soon as possible.

We were invited to the meeting today by James Brent (represented by Gareth Nicholson) and all indications are that he does want dialogue with the Trust and we must see this as a positive. As I said on another post, we welcome James and will be supportive of him but challenging when necessary.

Wosser thanks for the update(crucial you do this on a regular basis) my fear is that the trust will start to lose membership if we don't see some sort of action.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Friend Member Staff

dunlop wrote:
Wozzer Bowden wrote:
All I can ask as far as the Trust is concerned is patience. We are under going a change on the board and there will have to be a change of focus. We have our first meeting tomorrow since the departures and top of the agenda is the election. In my view this must happen as soon as possible.

We were invited to the meeting today by James Brent (represented by Gareth Nicholson) and all indications are that he does want dialogue with the Trust and we must see this as a positive. As I said on another post, we welcome James and will be supportive of him but challenging when necessary.

Wosser thanks for the update(crucial you do this on a regular basis) my fear is that the trust will start to lose membership if we don't see some sort of action.

We all agree mate. We will be addressing this issue at tomorrows meeting and should have a statement ready by the end of the weekend.

or

http://machupicchuchallenge2014.everydayhero.com/uk/warren

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 pm 
Member Sponsor2 Staff

dunlop wrote:
Wozzer Bowden wrote:

Out of interest Dunlop, what sort of action do you mean?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:32 pm 

dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:
As the CPer's have worked so closely (and effectively) with the new owner in the past, they could be portrayed in the future as being "too close" to be truly objective and independent.

Whilst everyone seems to be best of buddies at present, it must be remembered that the aims of the owner and of the fans might not tally so much in the future.

As for the Trust representing all fans, I would point out that 25%-30% of the average gate at the bottom of the League (and a mere 10% of the gate in better times) is not an overwhelming mandate.

I agree regards the closeness "familiarity breeds contempt".I can understand this meeting taking place, no doubt as a thank you and informing the CP team more details on the way forward. The majority of the fans are not yet represented, the trust is the largest body that represents 1500 aprox fans, they must stay independent and focus on increasing the membership at present there does not seem any proactive advertising to increase the membership .The sooner the trust get an elected committee and get a mandate the better at present it looks like there are a clique of people given their views.

Unfortunately during the last couple of months prior to takeover there wasn't a lot of time for forming committees and sub comittees, holding elections and to pontificate. It required a small band of doers who got off their arses and showed tremendous dedication and will to succeed, giving up all their free time to help save the club. I am sure once things have settled down a more democratic way forward will ensue.

Exactly!

Just one week into the new era I can't believe there are those who doubt the integrity of those who are presently on the Contingency Group Committee. If it had been left to democratic elections in our hour of need there would have been no club.
If the CP are being engaged in talks with JB it is because he sees them as the most relevant individuals who can represent the fan base at present. I don't remember any other body being put forward to be the voice of fans and I suspect the majority approve of what the CP have been doing and just glad that someone came forward.

I think you are a little ascrew there my friend, no one is doubting anyone's integrety. The perfectly reasonable question is how do we progress. The manner in which we progress will ultimately decide its sucess and that's why its important to raise this issue. Perhaps this wasn't the post with which to raise it on. I am sure most of us are singing from the same hymn sheet, its just the choir might need a decent conductor and the choir a bit of fine tuning...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:53 pm 

Flagman wrote:
I think you are a little ascrew there my friend, no one is doubting anyone's integrety. The perfectly reasonable question is how do we progress. The manner in which we progress will ultimately decide its sucess and that's why its important to raise this issue. Perhaps this wasn't the post with which to raise it on. I am sure most of us are singing from the same hymn sheet, its just the choir might need a decent conductor and the choir a bit of fine tuning...

Exactly. Love the image! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:56 pm 
Sponsor2 Staff

monkeywrench wrote:
dunlop wrote:
Wozzer Bowden wrote:

Out of interest Dunlop, what sort of action do you mean?

Monkey the first action is to have a membership drive! I fear now the club hase been saved membership may dwindle,the goal must be to get all supporters members the second wosser has already answered to get an elected committee I hope in an open forum.
And from a personal point of view start a campaign to get the malignant 7 accountable for what their actions has damged our club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 pm 

dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:
As the CPer's have worked so closely (and effectively) with the new owner in the past, they could be portrayed in the future as being "too close" to be truly objective and independent.

Whilst everyone seems to be best of buddies at present, it must be remembered that the aims of the owner and of the fans might not tally so much in the future.

As for the Trust representing all fans, I would point out that 25%-30% of the average gate at the bottom of the League (and a mere 10% of the gate in better times) is not an overwhelming mandate.

I agree regards the closeness "familiarity breeds contempt".I can understand this meeting taking place, no doubt as a thank you and informing the CP team more details on the way forward. The majority of the fans are not yet represented, the trust is the largest body that represents 1500 aprox fans, they must stay independent and focus on increasing the membership at present there does not seem any proactive advertising to increase the membership .The sooner the trust get an elected committee and get a mandate the better at present it looks like there are a clique of people given their views.

Unfortunately during the last couple of months prior to takeover there wasn't a lot of time for forming committees and sub comittees, holding elections and to pontificate. It required a small band of doers who got off their arses and showed tremendous dedication and will to succeed, giving up all their free time to help save the club. I am sure once things have settled down a more democratic way forward will ensue.

Exactly!

Just one week into the new era I can't believe there are those who doubt the integrity of those who are presently on the Contingency Group Committee. If it had been left to democratic elections in our hour of need there would have been no club.
If the CP are being engaged in talks with JB it is because he sees them as the most relevant individuals who can represent the fan base at present. I don't remember any other body being put forward to be the voice of fans and I suspect the majority approve of what the CP have been doing and just glad that someone came forward.

Agreed, mate.

Perhaps those of the Eeyore persuasion would be better served with a group of their own. And they can all sit, in some grim little garret in Estover, nursing their halves of Mackeson, chewing the ends of their hankies in unison, while the rest of us get on with backing our club, James Brent, the GTs and the Trust.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:20 pm 

Brian Pedley wrote:
dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:

Exactly!

Agreed, mate.

Perhaps those of the Eeyore persuasion would be better served with a group of their own. And they can all sit, in some grim little garret in Estover, nursing their halves of Mackeson, chewing the ends of their hankies in unison, while the rest of us get on with backing our club, James Brent, the GTs and the Trust.

Brian please take the time to read my post above. This thread hasn't turned into a 'how can we put barriers in the way' but 'how can we do thing properly'. A positive post not a negative post. Those who bother to read the comments and have some intelligence may work that out for themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 pm 

Avignon Green wrote:
I have great admiration and respect for all those involved in the contingency group and the GT's. Through all of their efforts they have helped to ensure PAFC's exit from administration and in no way do I begrudge them being given a few "perks" by way of a thank you from both James Brent and the wider fanbase.

I do however feel that John Vaughan has a point in his original post in that the Contingency Group seem to have transformed into the Consultancy Group. Again I believe it is a positive thing that the new owner is engaging with fans but feel that any official meeting (and the original post does give the tone of an official meeting) should be organised through either the trust or an official supporters group, otherwise there seems to be no point in the Trust even existing.

If the club is serious about progressing both in the short and long term then it needs to project an inclusive image and I'm afraid consulting a group of well meaning but unelected fans representatives drawn from a small cross section of people is not going to help the club reach out to the less dedicated supporters who Argyle will need to attract if they want to progress out of the lower leagues.

Well said, at last somebody who talks sense

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm 

dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:

Exactly!

:iagree:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:14 pm 

dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:

Exactly!

:iagree:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 pm 

Flagman wrote:
Brian Pedley wrote:
dennis the menace wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
dunlop wrote:
grovehill wrote:

Exactly!

Agreed, mate.

Brian please take the time to read my post above. This thread hasn't turned into a 'how can we put barriers in the way' but 'how can we do thing properly'. A positive post not a negative post. Those who bother to read the comments and have some intelligence may work that out for themselves.

and the fans trust, James Brent etc don't know how to do things properly?
Go on please, educate us and show us how to do things properly :shock: we're waiting....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 pm 
Admin Member Sponsor

Hey ho!

Doesn't take long for the lunatics to try taking over the asylum again.

Envy really is such an ugly thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next