• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Possible new manager

A

Arthur Seaton

evil_dave86":1881upqy said:
Mark Robins

Rotherham United - March '07 to Sep '09 - Win rate 43%
Barnsley - Sep '09 to May '11 - Win Rate 32%

Kept Rotherham up and challenged for promotion when they were given a 17 point deduction. Went to Barnsley where he kept them up in his first season.

Steve Tilson

Southend United - Nov '03 to Jul '10 - Win Rate 40%
Lincoln City - Oct '10 to Oct' 11 - Win Rate 27%

Took Southend up from League Two to the Championship in 2 successive seasons, both times as Champions. However was also in charge whilst they were relegated back down to League Two. At Lincoln he he was unable to keep them up and were relegated to the conference.

Paul Trollope

Bristol Rovers - Sep '05 to Dec '10 - Win Rate 37%

For seasons achieved mid-table positions in League One.

Kevin Blackwell

Leeds United - June '04 to Sep '06 - Win Rate 39%
Luton Town - March '07 to Jan '08 - Win Rate 34%
Sheffield United - Feb '08 to Aug '10 - Win Rate 42%

Championship play-off final runners-up with Leeds (2006) and Sheffield United (2009).

Four manager who I wouldn't mind. They have history of achieving respectable positions or even higher, which leads me to believe they must have some managerial talent. However they have also had some disappointing periods of poor results. I would like to think they have learnt from that experience and are willing to prove their worth again.

More realistic names

A

agentgreen

Keep Fletch but put someone experienced with him like Bruce David Rioch (he lives in Falmouth , so might be willing to help out?)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Harto":3m62m19i said:
don't often post on here but you guys are way off on who will be the gaffer at Christmas.

So, Mr Fountain of Knowledge, who will? Your post is just totally ambiguous. If you actually have an idea about the why not share it, or at least give some kind of indication, so that people can understand what you mean.

Nov 8, 2010
agentgreen":153jrr31 said:
Keep Fletch but put someone experienced with him like Bruce David Rioch (he lives in Falmouth , so might be willing to help out?)

Seems like the sort of Bob a Job appointment to keep our financial director happy.

Sep 28, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
Quite frankly the NWO should never got rid of Sturrock - look at Southend with limited resources. ONLY CHANGE YOUR MANAGER IF THE NEW ONE IS LIKELY TO BE CLEARLY MUCH BETTER. So hang on to Fletch unless there is a brilliant option up Ridsdale's sleeve.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Nick Prideaux":vquu5zpb said:
Quite frankly the NWO should never got rid of Sturrock - look at Southend with limited resources. ONLY CHANGE YOUR MANAGER IF THE NEW ONE IS LIKELY TO BE CLEARLY MUCH BETTER. So hang on to Fletch unless there is a brilliant option up Ridsdale's sleeve.

Nail, hit, head.

Southend started last season in exactly the same positionwith loads of waifs and strays to make up a squad.

Fletch could be a good manager, but we do not have the luxury of experimenting. We need him totally focused on the pitch!

If we are bottom by Christmas stats say we will be BSP next year.

Time for a seasoned manager to take the reins. We need a Pulis type to stop the rot. Blackwell may not be first choice for many but he is a master of the dark arts (gamesmanship) needed for us to survive.

G

grovehill

I've heard that the Manager's been told that anything less than a win on Tuesday against that useless bunch of no-hopers and he's out!

Yes, the Stourbridge Chairman has told his manager he expects a win!