Sparksy for G.A.S Board. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sparksy for G.A.S Board.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't want Tony representing me Kevin.

1) He'd take almost as long as Peter Ryan to ask a question.

2) He's a Northerner

3) He'd fall out with the Trust member of the GAS Board on every occasions.

4) He IS very old.

For those reasons, I'm out.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":1hce6lzc said:

2) He's a Northerner

4) He IS very old.

:greensmile:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
so looking at this thread and reading between the lines,,,,we are talking about 7 reps here?,,,,,so maybe,,,)two, independent fans chosen out the hat ? two season ticket holders?two fans voted for,?,and a member of the GTs,,,also would say its probably fair to give reps 12months (six meetings)and then go again,,,,,

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
totnes comie mike":3iz79xj6 said:
so looking at this thread and reading between the lines,,,,we are talking about 7 reps here?,,,,,so maybe,,,)two, independent fans chosen out the hat ? two season ticket holders?two fans voted for,?,and a member of the GTs,,,also would say its probably fair to give reps 12months (six meetings)and then go again,,,,,

If I remember rightly, the board of 7 reps will consist of one from the Trust, one from the GT's one to represent the supporters branches and then 4 other elected members.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Kevin_Gollop":3vt913n4 said:
totnes comie mike":3vt913n4 said:

If I remember rightly, the board of 7 reps will consist of one from the Trust, one from the GT's one to represent the supporters branches and then 4 other elected members.
ok kevin i wasnt aware of that,,,,the post above is just off the top of my head,,the elected bit dosent seem right to me for reasons ive posted before,,so ile be hopeing for at least some random selection,,,how do you start a poll on pasoti?would be intersted to see what people think,,,random or elected,,

E

Ed_Blackburn

Yes. Why? Actually less because of his fanaticism and more because of his experience and his profession, it's easy to forget that Sparksy is an experienced broadcast journalist, with outstanding communications skills. Lets not forget that he would have been close to many of the parties M7, fans, players, staff involved in our near death experience and has handled himself superbly in mind during such times.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":31hm3hup said:

2) He's a Northerner

4) He IS very old.

Whilst considering those 4 reasons are at least actionable the conclusion isnt :greensmile:

I see the Gas Board as a talking shop and I already belong to one of those, but one with at least some powers to make a
difference. This is a clever JB device to give the illusion of change whilst maintaining the staus quo and quite right. The arguements already about who, where , what why and how are already starting and as I have said many many times I have only ever aspired to being a fan. An unshackled fan.

Nothing more, nothing less.

COYGs

E

Ed_Blackburn

Yes. Why? Actually less because of his fanaticism and more because of his experience and his profession, it's easy to forget that Sparksy is an experienced broadcast journalist, with outstanding communications skills. Lets not forget that he would have been close to many of the parties M7, fans, players, staff involved in our near death experience and has handled himself superbly in mind during such times.

Respect is a word, often misused Sparsky in my mind oozes respect in every sense and definition.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
tonycholwell":3v1skak3 said:
IJN":3v1skak3 said:

2) He's a Northerner

4) He IS very old.

Whilst considering those 4 reasons are at least actionable the conclusion isnt :greensmile:

I see the Gas Board as a talking shop and I already belong to one of those, but one with at least some powers to make a
difference. This is a clever JB device to give the illusion of change whilst maintaining the staus quo and quite right. The arguements already about who, where , what why and how are already starting and as I have said many many times I have only ever aspired to being a fan. An unshackled fan.

Nothing more, nothing less.

COYGs
cant see any arguing?nice healthy debate though,,,,

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tony I think you've misinterpreted this proposal. I don't believe JB sees it as any such thing as a mere talking shop, although that to some extent depends on the eventual membership. The role of supervisory boards in Germany and elsewhere is something we can learn from, and I think JB's emphasis on good corporate governance gives a very good clue as to the role he sees for the GAS board. As the WMN article says, we could be waving the flag for responsible, not crony, capitalism business model and there will be many watching with great interest to see how it works in practice.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Lesley Reardon":re3kpidr said:
Tony I think you've misinterpreted this proposal. I don't believe JB sees it as any such thing as a mere talking shop, although that to some extent depends on the eventual membership. The role of supervisory boards in Germany and elsewhere is something we can learn from, and I think JB's emphasis on good corporate governance gives a very good clue as to the role he sees for the GAS board. As the WMN article says, we could be waving the flag for responsible, not crony, capitalism business model and there will be many watching with great interest to see how it works in practice.

Lesley

JB made it quite clear the main Board will be in charge and quite corrrectly. It is also clear the similaritty between our version and Germany stops at the name, otherwise the supervisory Board will be able to sack and hire Main Board members and JB will not want himself kicked off his own Board :greensmile:

As always, the devil is in the detail, but, I do not see JB opening himself up to financial exposure and leave himself open to the Sack! he is using the device of a SB to fulfill a promise for greater engagement, no more, no less. That is not to say he is not a brave man or that he runs some risks, just that all his risks are quatifiable and virtually risk free.

In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.

In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
tonycholwell":25qmnk1r said:
In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs
Tony,
I sincerely hope in a years time the catering in the refreshment huts around the ground will be a darn sight better than they currently are!
:whistle:

M

MoistVonLipwig

tonycholwell":3p2ubo70 said:
Lesley Reardon":3p2ubo70 said:

Lesley

JB made it quite clear the main Board will be in charge and quite corrrectly. It is also clear the similaritty between our version and Germany stops at the name, otherwise the supervisory Board will be able to sack and hire Main Board members and JB will not want himself kicked off his own Board :greensmile:

As always, the devil is in the detail, but, I do not see JB opening himself up to financial exposure and leave himself open to the Sack! he is using the device of a SB to fulfill a promise for greater engagement, no more, no less. That is not to say he is not a brave man or that he runs some risks, just that all his risks are quatifiable and virtually risk free.

In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.

In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs

Well summed up Tony.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
LG":1xtib23f said:
tonycholwell":1xtib23f said:
In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs
Tony,
I sincerely hope in a years time the catering in the refreshment huts around the ground will be a darn sight better than they currently are!
:whistle:

You and me both LG.

If theres one thing we both know lots about its.........................food, the consumption of :greensmile: