Why do the GT's have a spot on the 'GAS' Board? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why do the GT's have a spot on the 'GAS' Board?

• Thread starter A_Proverbial_Avocado
  • Start date
Apr 27, 2009
GreenTaverners":2dtmpwlu said:
Green Taverners Ltd was setup once the takeover of the club was completed to enable the Green Taverners to continue to support the club and community around PAFC, we are still in the process of setting up the Directors of this company and are taking legal advice from accountants as to the requirements of this. We are also looking at the best way to trade as Limited company, and to be able to continue to run future events, the need to have a limited company when you are supplying a service, as opposed to being a charity contribution.

The current one director of this company is Mark Russell as he was the person who has been dealing with the accountants to set this up, this will be reviewed in the next few weeks and setup to include other people who will be announced when it is completed.

I hope that helps explain the reason behind having to register the Ltd company, it was also done to make sure that the name was available and that no one else could register the company name.

If you have any questions please feel free to email contact@greentaveners.co.uk.

Further announcements will be made upon the above being completed, and new directors are added.

Hmmm anyone know any accountants in Plymouth ? :problem:

Dec 7, 2011
The GT's more than deserve their own place on the 'GAS' board, anybody that knows them realizes the hard work these guys have done in the last 12 months. They are more than able to represent the fan base, as anybody who attends the Fan Fest's would meet supporters from all different supporters organisations.

As for the question who are they, get along to the Pyramid on match days and find out for yourselves.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
It may appear as un democratic but if the SB was just Mark and Gary Id have more faith in it than what would probably result.

They at least know better than most what Argyle fans are saying and would like to see, then translate that into an action plan.

Apr 27, 2009
A_Proverbial_Avocado":3rlhxbwo said:
As above.

Hard-working? Yes.
Argyle at heart? Yes.
Representational? No.

They are being offered 1 of 7 spots on the board, lets see your list of 7 MORE deserving groups and then we can debate them.

Not taking sides but would really like to see who you think their spot would be better off given too

C

Chief

A_Proverbial_Avocado":r9m359k6 said:
As above.

Hard-working? Yes.
Argyle at heart? Yes.
Representational? No.
Bit rude, don't you think?

Having been a part of what the GT's have done over the last year i have go to know them well, the professionalism shown throughout the administration process was second to none and there is no better group to represent the fans of this club as we go forward into a new era.

G

Graham Cox

For me their position on GAS gives them a stake in the club they played a massive part in saving. They continue to fund raise for the club and therefore should have a voice. We could always go the other way and put "troll of the year" on the board. Very happy GT are representing me. Only been to one fanfest but the've done enough for me. Still 6 other position remember.

A

Anonymous

Knowing them, I not too sure that they'd want a seat, so that will be interesting.

Met up with Bill Bob and Gary today, running around like blue arsed chickens as usual, nothing to do with Gary's business mind, just PAFC.

Mark, Bill Bob and Gary truly amazing people, proud to say very, very good friends.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Chief":2sosjow0 said:
A_Proverbial_Avocado":2sosjow0 said:
As above.

Hard-working? Yes.
Argyle at heart? Yes.
Representational? No.
Bit rude, don't you think?

Having been a part of what the GT's have done over the last year i have go to know them well, the professionalism shown throughout the administration process was second to none and there is no better group to represent the fans of this club as we go forward into a new era.
Agree with all you've said about the GTs, with regards to the professionalism and the role they played. I too know them well and a nicer bunch of blokes you could not meet. I think when people are crediting for saving the club, no-one deserves more credit. For all the work of Brent and the Contingency group ( which was also fantastic), they could not have done what they did if not for the work of the GTs funding the staff during an unfunded administration. For all that we have to thank Brent, he wouldn't fund the staff during his 4-6 week negotiation period and the GTs did.

These guys saved our club and are friends of mine so I'd be the last person to question their capabilities at all. There's something that I wouldn't mind clarifying though if that's ok. I believe a few of them have said in the past that their remit was helping out the club rather than getting too involved in the representational side. Can I ask to what extent this has changed and how come? I only ask as the idea I had in my mind was that the Trust were the guys who would act as the voice of the fans to the club and the GTs were the guys who would help out the club with staff re-payments, football in the community/ ladies/youth teams etc. Both very important roles but there's also a clear distinguishment. Just wondering how that difference slots into the structure of the GAS board?

G

Graham Cox

IJN":38edp7nb said:
Knowing them, I not too sure that they'd want a seat, so that will be interesting.

Met up with Bill Bob and Gary today, running around like blue arsed chickens as usual, nothing to do with Gary's business mind, just PAFC.

Mark, Bill Bob and Gary truly amazing people, proud to say very, very good friends.
Ian my concern (actually not really a concern more an observation) is what role the trust will now play. It seems their role has been watered down considerably since the time when a place on the actual board was being mentioned. With subscription renewals on.the horizon I find myself asking (and not at all nastily) what's the point?

Wondered what your thoughts were on this.

A

Anonymous

I think it's a very difficult time for the Trust, because loads of people (not me, I was there on the first day) joined during the war.

Now, people see JB, see what sort of man he is, and back off the questioning bit.

I think the numbers will fall, but I do believe that the Trust should have a man on GASB.

However, I vehemently disagree with my mate Peter Ryan, who firmly believes that because the Trust is the biggest representative body, that they should have more than one vote.

Tony Cholwell is an example of one man who would never ever need someone to ask a question, and I also notice (as an example) that Plympton Pilgrim has something like 'The Trust does not speak for me' - and I understand these viewpoints.

I'm torn, there's a couple of decent people I like who are in the mix, and I'm over impressed with what I've heard so far from others.

I hope that answers your question, but it is only my opinion, so I have no doubt there will be many others.

Feb 9, 2011
IJN":2hx3nlfe said:

cant belive this thread
good point ian
bottom line Mr Brent asked them because they are the type of people needed hope they do not sure they will sad sad thread !!!! :banghead: :banghead:

G

Graham Cox

IJN":1x3ys4pq said:
I think it's a very difficult time for the Trust, because loads of people (not me, I was there on the first day) joined during the war.

Now, people see JB, see what sort of man he is, and back off the questioning bit.

I think the numbers will fall, but I do believe that the Trust should have a man on GASB.

However, I vehemently disagree with my mate Peter Ryan, who firmly believes that because the Trust is the biggest representative body, that they should have more than one vote.

Tony Cholwell is an example of one man who would never ever need someone to ask a question, and I also notice (as an example) that Plympton Pilgrim has something like 'The Trust does not speak for me' - and I understand these viewpoints.

I'm torn, there's a couple of decent people I like who are in the mix, and I'm over impressed with what I've heard so far from others.

I hope that answers your question, but it is only my opinion, so I have no doubt there will be many others.
I think Trust has been given a chance to lead the supporters group with the option to buy a stake in the club. Will be interested in how they go about this as I see it as their next big challenge.

May 19, 2010
Typical, someone asks a pertinent question & everyone jumps on the OP!

I would say the GT's are not representational of fans as such BUT their strength is getting money in to the club, maybe when they could be formed into a business (if possible/practical) & as a result would be on a 'professional' basis which surely would increase club income?

Of course theres nothing to stop a GT standing as a fans rep though instead.

Interesting to see how all of this is going to pan out........

Problem is we've all stopped looking at our league position & instead the main focus is on this GASB! instead of when are we going to sign the players to keep us up !!!

A

Anonymous

GregCampbell....

You or anyone from your committee going to stand?

C

Charlie Wood

Who's on Greg's committee, Chris? Am I, because if so I would be interested, what's the nomination process? The thought of the GAS board consisting of "good mates" who are, in some way or other, close to Brent fills me with despair. I'd much rather the Trust had the lead role though, I'm quite happy for them to be my conduit.