Gas board election. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gas board election.

A

Anonymous

I thought I'ld start a separate thread for election discussions.

A few thoughts for starters. The clubs database for season ticket holders should pose few problems for mailing out election papers.
The problems are going to be,how to register POTD fans and issuing them with ballot papers etc. To do that at the ground would be a nightmare.I could see papers going all over the place. One idea might be to give POTD a chit / card etc. Maybe they collect 2 or 3 from certain home matches, then send the 2/3 chits /cards to the trust. They get put onto a database and that database combined with the ST one is the database that a postal election is based on. Obviously a database will have to be set up and time for Trust volunteers to input names and addresses and then organise mailing out the ballots. It will be expensive and time consumming but with enough volunteers could be done. Fans will moan about posting registration forms to the Trust but if they want a vote they will do it. If they don't they can't moan if they don't get a vote. It might increase attendances for the 2/3 games where chits/ cards are issued as well.

Just an idea to start the ball rolling.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Richard Blight":ihm68yin said:

A few thoughts for starters. The clubs database for season ticket holders should pose few problems for mailing out election papers.
The problems are going to be,how to register POTD fans and issuing them with ballot papers etc. To do that at the ground would be a nightmare.I could see papers going all over the place. One idea might be to give POTD a chit / card etc. Maybe they collect 2 or 3 from certain home matches, then send the 2/3 chits /cards to the trust. They get put onto a database and that database combined with the ST one is the database that a postal election is based on. Obviously a database will have to be set up and time for Trust volunteers to input names and addresses and then organise mailing out the ballots. It will be expensive and time consumming but with enough volunteers could be done. Fans will moan about posting registration forms to the Trust but if they want a vote they will do it. If they don't they can't moan if they don't get a vote. It might increase attendances for the 2/3 games where chits/ cards are issued as well.

I think Id rather see a reduction in my gas bill than someone else trying hard at job creation. We pay enough and should be heard!

If James Brent wishes to retain his sanity he should sell up right now to that nice Mr Bullivant.

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell said:
Richard Blight said:

I think Id rather see a reduction in my gas bill than someone else trying hard at job creation. We pay enough and should be heard!

If James Brent wishes to retain his sanity he should sell up right now to that nice Mr Bullivant.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
The election process should be organised by the Club. The Club has instigated the GAS Board and therefore they should take ownership of the process.

They have a database of all season ticket holders and names and addresses, in that database, of everyone that has purchased tickets.

A

Anonymous

Firstly Mr.Brent said he wanted the Trust to run the election and secondly what about all the POTD fans that the club hasn't got names and addresses for?

I don't understand Tony's comment about "we pay enough and should be heard". What's that got to do with how to run an election? This thread was supposed to be a debate on the best way to include the POTD fans in the election.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Richard Blight":1jueujsh said:
Firstly Mr.Brent said he wanted the Trust to run the election and secondly what about all the POTD fans that the club hasn't got names and addresses for?

I don't understand Tony's comment about "we pay enough and should be heard". What's that got to do with how to run an election? This thread was supposed to be a debate on the best way to include the POTD fans in the election.

i do apologise Richard, my remark was a poor attempt at humour based on the Gas Board, you know, Centrica.

Actually the club has names and address for most as those that order tickets need to give the information.

To a certain extent this is no different to election based on the Electoral Roll, probably 10% or so are not on the ER. Thats life, unfortunately.

A

Anonymous

Actually Tony the gas board (transporter of gas) in this part of the world is Wales & West Utilities. Centrica is just a shipper,one of many who charge too much.

The club having lots of names and addresses is very useful but all hell will break loose if the people who pay on the door and don't order tickets before hand are left out.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Richard Blight":z3z76bm9 said:
Actually Tony the gas board (transporter of gas) in this part of the world is Wales & West Utilities. Centrica is just a shipper,one of many who charge too much.

The club having lots of names and addresses is very useful but all hell will break loose if the people who pay on the door and don't order tickets before hand are left out.

Anyone who has purchased a ticket through the box office or the old shop, in the Mall, over the last 5 years or so, will have their details in the database. Even those that POTD will probably have bought at least one ticket through the box office or shop.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Greenrod":2atxl5wq said:
Richard Blight":2atxl5wq said:

Anyone who has purchased a ticket through the box office or the old shop, in the Mall, over the last 5 years or so, will have their details in the database. Even those that POTD will probably have bought at least one ticket through the box office or shop.

Greenrod, thats what I have been trying to tell hm :greensmile:

I hope you succeed where I have failed.