gas board (any news yet?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

gas board (any news yet?)

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":13cha0nw said:
to be honest but I am surprised there doesnt seem to be that much enthusiasm to stand.

Are you Tony? I'm certainly not?

There are a few of us, if we had had our time over again, would not have put our head above the parapet. The jelousy, the innuendo, the nastyness can be quote overwhelming.

It seems a certain type, like to live in the shadows, say nothing when action is needed, then spring into 'action' when the deal is done. A certain website, was very vociferous about the Trust, the names we announced, did you see ANY of those individuals in the final shake up? I didn't, not one!!

So the gobby (no pun intended) remain very loud in the background, and the noirmal decent fan, see what stick others have got for standing up and being counted, and then, I think understandably, think 'f*** that for a game of soldiers'!!

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, the odious amongst this strange but compelling internet fraternity have put people off the idea.

Who in their right mind would stand for the GASB, knowing that the small army (well, a few anyway) of geeks, keyboard experts, the hard done by, the 'displaced' and the downright weird, will be on their every word, their every action, and will rejoice in knocking it.

I was speaking to one of the leading lights of the Trust on Saturday, someone who I regard as a real mate (as opposed to a internetty one) and he feels the same way, the shame of it is, he too is weary of the battle, he's tired of the jibes and the popping. I really feel for the man, he's soldiering on because he really does believe in the Trust, but he is so very fed up with the keyboardness (a new adj there :greensmile: ) all.

Raise your head above a certain level and they are all there, waiting, waiting for you to put a foot wrong, waiting to create their version of evenys, slightly twisted, so others will end of believing it, when it's written enough, it must be true!!

Very sad, but very understandable on this medium.

Best thing to do, is to try to take your campaign offline to some extent, meat the REAL people, talk to them, let them see what you have to say. I've met you, I like you, we have disagreements about certain things and we have a different opinions on many subjects, but we have seen the colour of each others eyes, that's the way it should be old boy.

I suggest the same to anyone else that wants to stand, get out and meet people face to face, and certainly don't listen to this modern and very strange culture of the internet 'warrior', stand up and be counted, and don't let the cowards beat you.

C

Carousel

IJN":39s27n16 said:
tonycholwell":39s27n16 said:
to be honest but I am surprised there doesnt seem to be that much enthusiasm to stand.

There are a few of us, if we had had our time over again, would not have put our head above the parapet. The jelousy, the innuendo, the nastyness can be quote overwhelming.

It seems a certain type, like to live in the shadows, say nothing when action is needed, then spring into 'action' when the deal is done. A certain website, was very vociferous about the Trust, the names we announced, did you see ANY of those individuals in the final shake up? I didn't, not one!!

So the gobby (no pun intended) remain very loud in the background, and the noirmal decent fan, see what stick others have got for standing up and being counted, and then, I think understandably, think 'f*** that for a game of soldiers'!!

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, the odious amongst this strange but compelling internet fraternity have put people off the idea.

Who in their right mind would stand for the GASB, knowing that the small army (well, a few anyway) of geeks, keyboard experts, the hard done by, the 'displaced' and the downright weird, will be on their every word, their every action, and will rejoice in knocking it.

I was speaking to one of the leading lights of the Trust on Saturday, someone who I regard as a real mate (as opposed to a internetty one) and he feels the same way, the shame of it is, he too is weary of the battle, he's tired of the jibes and the popping. I really feel for the man, he's soldiering on because he really does believe in the Trust, but he is so very fed up with the keyboardness (a new adj there :greensmile: ) all.

Raise your head above a certain level and they are all there, waiting, waiting for you to put a foot wrong, waiting to create their version of evenys, slightly twisted, so others will end of believing it, when it's written enough, it must be true!!

Best thing to do, is to try to take your campaign offline to some extent, meat the REAL people, talk to them, let them see what you have to say. I've met you, I like you, we have disagreements about certain things and we have a different opinions on many subjects, but we have seen the colour of each others eyes, that's the way it should be old boy.

I suggest the same to anyone else that wants to stand, get out and meet people face to face, and certainly don't listen to this modern and very strange culture of the internet 'warrior', stand up and be counted, and don't let the cowards beat you.

Couldn't have put it better myself Ian.
There's always somewhere there trying to knock one down.

Feb 29, 2008
As I seem to unerringly gauge the reaction and feelings of almost everybody on the internet and in the real world I will definitely be putting my name forward, it would just be weird and cowardly not to. :thumbs:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
pilgrim_pete":1r4q7y2l said:
Any news on elections etc?

I'd love to stand, even if I haven't got much of a chance!
pilgrim i personally dont think there should be elections for reasons ive posted on other threads,( random selection please :greensmile: )and like you iam just looking for some info on what seems to me to be a huge step forward for our club.

Ken Barlow":16i2flzf said:
IJN":16i2flzf said:
tonycholwell":16i2flzf said:

Couldn't have put it better myself Ian.
There's always somewhere there trying to knock one down.

Its the British way isn't it, those who stand up for something good and decent are knocked down ASAP, ' stand up and be counted' they used to say, now in Britain its 'stand up and be knocked down' , its a culture thing isn't it?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
argyleiggy":jfmkhczw said:
As I seem to unerringly gauge the reaction and feelings of almost everybody on the internet and in the real world I will definitely be putting my name forward, it would just be weird and cowardly not to. :thumbs:

Seriously? If you've got the nerve to do it the you'd get my vote (assuming I have one), the board could do with a gobby contary bugger.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
pilgrim_pete":1frf2i11 said:
Any news on elections etc?

I'd love to stand, even if I haven't got much of a chance!
I think you'd have every chance.You are quite well known.

A

Anonymous

argyleiggy":2lctd2w0 said:

I would definitely vote for you.

Then I would torture you for the next 12 months ;)

A

Anonymous

argyleiggy":ki9j25ns said:

Good man, I can see what you look like and then take the mickey. :clap:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
mr brent is there any news on how the gas board is progressing?genuinly interested,after the last few years i thinks for me it was the most important news out of HP since the take over with regards to how the club will be run in the future, i understand its a work in progress but will we know soon? :greensmile:

Feb 29, 2008
IJN":1adxqu4v said:
argyleiggy":1adxqu4v said:

Good man, I can see what you look like and then take the mickey. :clap:

Seconded and thirded then. :scarf:

A

Anonymous

totnes comie mike":g4m1e351 said:
mr brent is there any news on how the gas board is progressing?genuinly interested,after the last few years i thinks for me it was the most important news out of HP since the take over with regards to how the club will be run in the future, i understand its a work in progress but will we know soon? :greensmile:

Mike

This is how I see / think we are...

The GASB will be in place until the end of this season then reviewed / re-elected at the start of each season.

The Election (proposal is to be run by the incoming Trust Board) will take place at a forthcoming match with everyone attending that day getting a ballot paper at the turnstile (ST Holders who cannot attend for whatever reason will be given a proxy vote).

The attendees will be entitled to vote for up to 4 candidates from however many come forward. I assume each candidate will provide an election statement.

The top 4 from this ballot will then join the 3 candidates (one trust, one GT, one supporters group representative - agreed internally by the supporters groups) and form the GASB until the end of the season.

The process / allocation etc will be reviewed in the summer.

So I guess we are almost good to go and just need to nominate a match and the Trust to sort out the election format and its away we go - the sooner the better I would say.

The GASB would then meet the Argyle Board Bi-Monthly, feed in supporters views and report back...