Glasgow Rangers going into administration | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Glasgow Rangers going into administration

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Just as well that Scotland isn't independent yet then so we all get a chance to subsidise their Scottish championships and cups.

What I don't understand is that with £75m owed to HMRC surely they are the major creditors and can block the CVA. Why didn't they have to do what we did and sell off anything of value before going into administration to reduce the debt to HMRC? If they didn't have to do that then why did we?

The Aberdeen Forum makes interesting reading apart from the gloating http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115335450&page=1

Interesting that they reckon a phoenix club would not be allowed in Europe and that they might not be able to fulfil their next fixture unless the police are paid.

They feel that the whole integrity of the league (if there is such a thing) would be undermined if they only had to pay 2p in the £ back and HMRC lose 73.5M. It doesn't encourage people that support other clubs to pay their taxes if they are being used to subsidise a rival club.

R

Rob Thomas

I supported Kilmarnock when I lived in Scotland who are trying really well to balance their books. They have written off millions of pounds of debt in the past couple of years by competing within themselves and being sensible of wages ect. The opposite has happened at Rangers.

When Rangers won the title at Kilmarnock last year their fans invaded the home ends and caused complete madness. (imagine 2,000-4,000 people invading the home areas at HP!) Now Killie fans are planing a big party in the away end at Rangers on Saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
el salvador":3vcirq02 said:
I would love it if rangers and celtic were let into the prem, well at least the english leagues and they hd to work they way up.

Two huge clubs with great fanbases.

Not if Scotland becomes independent they won't :lol:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
"What's got 4 legs and more money than Rangers?
Harry Redknapp's dog"

"Whats the difference between Whitney Houston and Rangers...
Whitney didn't go down the plug hole"

Classics!! :lol:

Rob Thomas":1sh6pdtz said:
I supported Kilmarnock when I lived in Scotland who are trying really well to balance their books. They have written off millions of pounds of debt in the past couple of years by competing within themselves and being sensible of wages ect. The opposite has happened at Rangers.

When Rangers won the title at Kilmarnock last year their fans invaded the home ends and caused complete madness. (imagine 2,000-4,000 people invading the home areas at HP!) Now Killie fans are planing a big party in the away end at Rangers on Saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

The only madness was the killie fans leaving at 3-0. There was no trouble at this match. I was there. I look forward to the 10 killie fans having their party on saturday. I sit next to the away fans and will post pictures of said party so you can see how exciting it was for your fellow fans!!!!

A

Anonymous

A most illuminating expose (see link below) on Glasgow Rangers problems. It seems clear that HMRC remain determined to make an example of a Football League or Scottish League club. It is also interesting to note that four years worth of season ticket income has been securitised to our old friends Ticketus!

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... r-worries/

Z

Zillie

Do you think HMRC will go through with it? I mean, Rangers might not be my favourite club but without them Scottish football will vanish off the map. the SPL is already bad as it is... Sad, Sad times for football... the really sad think is that I'm sure some Premier League teams will have similar problems in the coming years.

R

Rob Thomas

MotherwellGreen":1gx4zj8y said:
Rob Thomas":1gx4zj8y said:

The only madness was the killie fans leaving at 3-0. There was no trouble at this match. I was there. I look forward to the 10 killie fans having their party on saturday. I sit next to the away fans and will post pictures of said party so you can see how exciting it was for your fellow fans!!!!

Cheers much appreciated! :thumbup:

Zillie":1h4ttxql said:
Do you think HMRC will go through with it? I mean, Rangers might not be my favourite club but without them Scottish football will vanish off the map. the SPL is already bad as it is... Sad, Sad times for football... the really sad think is that I'm sure some Premier League teams will have similar problems in the coming years.

Very interesting question, Zillie, as the Political fall-out could be massive. I'm betting that HMG might have second thoughts, and call HMRC off. After all, it used to be called the "Conservative and Unionist Party". so it's hard to see Cameron's Government allowing one of thr biggest symbols of the Unionist Cause to go under....

Plus all those Orange sashes and masonic "trouser-twitchers" must be calling in every favour! :lol:

My guess is that HMRC probably does want to make an example of a big club, but I think Glasgow Rangers FC might be too awkward (for a huge number of reasons) to be the sacrificial lamb.

I reckon Rangers will wriggle clear and free and someone else (very possibly Portsmouth, poor guys) will get the bullet.....

Sep 3, 2011
they just said on ssn that the Rangers chairman has said Rangers should be out of administration in March ! now where have i heard that before ?

May 22, 2006
Nice of the Prime Minister to publicly state that Rangers should not be allow to die and to urge HMRC to come to some agreement. Can't remember him or predessors being that worried about Darlo, Pompey or us.

Apr 20, 2008
pastiesforlife":1wdtimkw said:
Nice of the Prime Minister to publicly state that Rangers should not be allow to die and to urge HMRC to come to some agreement. Can't remember him or predessors being that worried about Darlo, Pompey or us.

How nice of him. Must of missed the media frenzy when he mentioned same about Argyle. :crazy:

Does make you think though, what the hell is happening in the world of football. Its a shame too see any club in this situation. ie the knock on effect. jobs, fans ect.

Jones the Green":1qhco8wo said:
I'm betting that HMG might have second thoughts, and call HMRC off. After all, it used to be called the "Conservative and Unionist Party". so it's hard to see Cameron's Government allowing one of thr biggest symbols of the Unionist Cause to go under....

Plus all those Orange sashes and masonic "trouser-twitchers" must be calling in every favour! :lol:

My guess is that HMRC probably does want to make an example of a big club, but I think Glasgow Rangers FC might be too awkward (for a huge number of reasons) to be the sacrificial lamb......

I should set up in business with a crystal ball as "Gypsy Rose Jones", I really should! :lol:

Lets be honest, though, how difficult was it to see that one coming?!!! :roll:

"Call me Dave" would have been getting some serious sh*t down the Lodge if he had done any different! :whistle: