Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI   IJN Payments
End of Season:

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cornwall
May I suggest a subscription based leaflet that could be sent out to those interested. I think a lot of not for profit organizations do something like this where by those interested put their names forward to the organization with their prefered method of communication and the organizations sends out a weekly/monthly/quarterly update to its subscribers, I currently get a regular email from the FA about their recent activities, future schemes and England ticket updates...

This could be advertised in the match day programme, the Herald, OS, Pasoti etc. giving contact details to subscribe to the updates from the GAS board. That way all those intersted would be regularly updated and if it reaches enough people via the media or via Argyle then it would hopefully be reaching a large proportion of the fan base.

The only problems I see with it is the financial cost of sending out leaflets, newsletters or emails and the time it will take to set up such a system. Maybe adverts would have to be a part of the newsletter to cover the cost of delivery and production. It would also be a big task to get the word out about the newsletter but then again if anyone reading about the GAS board in the Herald for example were to then see at the bottom of the column a (FREE) subsription and they were interested in further updates they would presumably consider subscribing.

_________________
Twitter - @Ollieargyle9


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm 
Club President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm
tonycholwell wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.


Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.


I will try to answer the questions one by one on this thread then slip back into semi-retirement: pasoti wise.

I think what we are going to get with David Wheeler is a blank canvas. He has James Brents proposal but also wants to engage with supporters further to see if that is the best way forward. This includes groups and individuals so I see nothing to fear, whichever bracket you fall into.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 pm 
Club President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm
knecht wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
.......
Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.


He's a senior academic. We're lucky he's not a civil servant! :)

If the meeting before the Dagger's home game is to start at 12:00 (and, in my experience, meetings rarely start promptly or keep to the subject) surely, even allowing for the usual meeting issues, 2 hours or more ought to be enough.

If attendees are limited to 15 and those who are considering standing as individuals are able to attend, how will numbers be limited should the need arise?


It isn't a meeting to discuss anything more than 'who are the people that need to be taken into account when putting together proposal(s) for how the GASB maybe made up'.....So two hours and 15 attendees will be plenty. You will note that when the real detail is going to be discussed, further meetings are planned.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
Mr President wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.


Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.


I will try to answer the questions one by one on this thread then slip back into semi-retirement: pasoti wise.

I think what we are going to get with David Wheeler is a blank canvas. He has James Brents proposal but also wants to engage with supporters further to see if that is the best way forward. This includes groups and individuals so I see nothing to fear, whichever bracket you fall into.


Perhaps it was use of language that cunningly managed to confuse most of us:)

That and the meeting restricted to 15. Any wiggle room there Chris? Once supporters groups are in there may not be enough room for the independents thinking of standing.

_________________
PASB Nominee (Tony Hooper)
https://twitter.com/tonyinvestigate


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm 
Club President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm
Graham Clark wrote:
The involvement of Professor David Wheeler in the consultative process and the evolution of the the mission and constitution of the GAS Board is most welcome. Hopefully, the commitment to transparency and independence will reassure the suspicious and doubtful.

Despite some of the unnecessary 'management speak' the process does offer the opportunity to properly constitute a supervisory body that can hold the main Board to account.

However, to properly fulfill that role I would constructively suggest that some further clarification is required.

Is the whole process, including the final recommendation to the main Board to adopt, to be within the gift of Professor Wheeler, including if necessary elections supervised by a body such as the university (rather then the Trust)?

David Wheeler is going to lead on this project but the hope and ambition is that at the end of the process all stakeholders (which will be identified in meeting one) will buy into both the proposed process and the election format - whatever that may turn out to be.

The process seems unnecessarily dependent on Internet access. It is imperative that the process is advertised wider than just on the official PAFC website and Pasoti. It has long been debated that perhaps a minority of supporters regularly use these mediums for Argyle information. I assume the intention is to broadcast the process on Sparksy and the Herald / WMN / Independent but a statement of intent to do this would be welcomed as would a Pre-match announcement or leaflet explanation for the game on Tuesday night.

The process willl be advertised on Radio Devon and using the local press. The Club already had a leaflet planned for tomorrow night and given its importance (racism) it is vital that one single message is delivered on that night.

I would hope the limit to 15 attendees is not an absolute for the first meeting. It is more important that the fullest individual and group representation is achieved and that may mean an expansion to numbers. It shouldn't mean an unwieldy meeting as long as it is appropriately
Chaired.

Graham, this is a meeting to look at what groups / individuals may need to be considered for the make-up of the GASB. It isn't deciding policy or getting into detail, merely setting the boundaries. If we have 5or6 from all the supporters branches/trust etc leaving 10 places for individuals, surely thats enough to simply identify the various groups / individual needs?

Finally, whose decision will it be whether an individual or a group are appropriate to attend. For instance we could have more than one person claiming to represent the season ticket holders. Can more than one person legitimately representing a group attend the initial meeting? Would anyone claiming to represent a supporter's website be welcome to attend?

An individual attending would be representing that said individual and nobody else. If later on in the election process somebody wanted to run and position themselves for example as the ST representative then that is their business at that time.

I reiterate that I fully welcome the first moves to a supervisory board which could be the first in the Football League and if properly constituted with a wide and embracing representation could become a milestone and benchmark in supporter representation. It is just that in the first instance a little more clarification may be helpful


Hopefully picked up on those points, Graham.

Chris


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 pm 
Club President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm
tonycholwell wrote:
Mr President wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.


Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.


I will try to answer the questions one by one on this thread then slip back into semi-retirement: pasoti wise.

I think what we are going to get with David Wheeler is a blank canvas. He has James Brents proposal but also wants to engage with supporters further to see if that is the best way forward. This includes groups and individuals so I see nothing to fear, whichever bracket you fall into.


Perhaps it was use of language that cunningly managed to confuse most of us:)

That and the meeting restricted to 15. Any wiggle room there Chris? Once supporters groups are in there may not be enough room for the independents thinking of standing.


Tony,

We'll play it by ear but I am confident nobody wishing to attend will be locked out.

Chris


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:15 pm 

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: plymouth
Mr President , can you tell us how the representitives of the supporters groups will be selected?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:01 pm 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 17/18
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:19 pm
Graham Evans wrote:
Mr President , can you tell us how the representitives of the supporters groups will be selected?



The original plan was for the members of those supporter groups to choose/elect their own representative to stand on the GASB but I'm not sure if David Wheeler has changed that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 17/18
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:19 pm
Who is attending the meeting this Saturday? Anyone from Pasoti?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 am 
Player Sponsor #1 17/18 and Super Cooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm
Have the invites gone out to any supporters groups yet, if the first discussion meeting is this Saturday it is cutting it a bit fine.

_________________
Plymouth born Janner
Member of all things Argyle since 1948


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
Just back home after a days labour and emailed Chris as soon as I read the PP report.

_________________
PASB Nominee (Tony Hooper)
https://twitter.com/tonyinvestigate


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Calstock
tonycholwell wrote:
Just back home after a days labour and emailed Chris as soon as I read the PP report.


You need a group of people, Tony, with whom you could work. That would mean, for example, if you're not there someone else could be keeping an eye on things. Perhaps you could call them "The Season Ticket Holders' Supporters Trust"? Wait a minute ....... that's a bit cumbersome. How about "The Trust"? (I could post a link to the Monty Python "Life of Brian" People's Front of Judea sketch but that would be overdoing it).

Good to finally say "hello" in person recently. :) I had to go and do other things - maybe a longer chat next time.

_________________
I want my game back!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GAS board update
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
knecht wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Just back home after a days labour and emailed Chris as soon as I read the PP report.


You need a group of people, Tony, with whom you could work. That would mean, for example, if you're not there someone else could be keeping an eye on things. Perhaps you could call them "The Season Ticket Holders' Supporters Trust"? Wait a minute ....... that's a bit cumbersome. How about "The Trust"? (I could post a link to the Monty Python "Life of Brian" People's Front of Judea sketch but that would be overdoing it).

Good to finally say "hello" in person recently. :) I had to go and do other things - maybe a longer chat next time.


Ian

Good evening, you raise some good points.

In order:

1. I have a group of people, just havent blasted about it :greensmile:

2. I think the Trust have a much wider agenda than I, hence I am not one of their number.

3. It was also good meeting you, just a shame it was so brief. Please either pm me or look outt for me, either way Id also enjoy a greater exchange of views.

Tony

_________________
PASB Nominee (Tony Hooper)
https://twitter.com/tonyinvestigate


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ade the green, Argyle-sy, Army green, dick.argyle, dunlop, Google Adsense [Bot], Graham Evans, HC Green, I'mArgyleinDubai, janner67, John Cooper, khennes_904, Mikey B, Pootle's Pom Pom, Tom Cobbley and 245 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Specialist Vehicles




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.