GAS board update | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

GAS board update

Dec 6, 2011
Graham Clark":2hg9rf9i said:
The involvement of Professor David Wheeler in the consultative process and the evolution of the the mission and constitution of the GAS Board is most welcome. Hopefully, the commitment to transparency and independence will reassure the suspicious and doubtful.

Despite some of the unnecessary 'management speak' the process does offer the opportunity to properly constitute a supervisory body that can hold the main Board to account.

However, to properly fulfill that role I would constructively suggest that some further clarification is required.

Is the whole process, including the final recommendation to the main Board to adopt, to be within the gift of Professor Wheeler, including if necessary elections supervised by a body such as the university (rather then the Trust)?

David Wheeler is going to lead on this project but the hope and ambition is that at the end of the process all stakeholders (which will be identified in meeting one) will buy into both the proposed process and the election format - whatever that may turn out to be.

The process seems unnecessarily dependent on Internet access. It is imperative that the process is advertised wider than just on the official PAFC website and Pasoti. It has long been debated that perhaps a minority of supporters regularly use these mediums for Argyle information. I assume the intention is to broadcast the process on Sparksy and the Herald / WMN / Independent but a statement of intent to do this would be welcomed as would a Pre-match announcement or leaflet explanation for the game on Tuesday night.

The process willl be advertised on Radio Devon and using the local press. The Club already had a leaflet planned for tomorrow night and given its importance (racism) it is vital that one single message is delivered on that night.

I would hope the limit to 15 attendees is not an absolute for the first meeting. It is more important that the fullest individual and group representation is achieved and that may mean an expansion to numbers. It shouldn't mean an unwieldy meeting as long as it is appropriately
Chaired.

Graham, this is a meeting to look at what groups / individuals may need to be considered for the make-up of the GASB. It isn't deciding policy or getting into detail, merely setting the boundaries. If we have 5or6 from all the supporters branches/trust etc leaving 10 places for individuals, surely thats enough to simply identify the various groups / individual needs?

Finally, whose decision will it be whether an individual or a group are appropriate to attend. For instance we could have more than one person claiming to represent the season ticket holders. Can more than one person legitimately representing a group attend the initial meeting? Would anyone claiming to represent a supporter's website be welcome to attend?

An individual attending would be representing that said individual and nobody else. If later on in the election process somebody wanted to run and position themselves for example as the ST representative then that is their business at that time.

I reiterate that I fully welcome the first moves to a supervisory board which could be the first in the Football League and if properly constituted with a wide and embracing representation could become a milestone and benchmark in supporter representation. It is just that in the first instance a little more clarification may be helpful

Hopefully picked up on those points, Graham.

Chris

Dec 6, 2011
tonycholwell":1tybz2ap said:
Mr President":1tybz2ap said:
tonycholwell":1tybz2ap said:
PL2 3DQ":1tybz2ap said:
The original plan was to have a representative from the Green Taverners, The Trust and the various supporters groups plus four independent fans. Unless I've read it wrong, the emphasis is now on the groups rather than the independents?
An exciting and unchartered time for PAFC and football.

Im afraid thats how I read it as well Posty.

Still, lets see where it takes us and hope clarification is forthcoming. I have a feeling some confusion may follow David Wheelers lack of plain English.

I will try to answer the questions one by one on this thread then slip back into semi-retirement: pasoti wise.

I think what we are going to get with David Wheeler is a blank canvas. He has James Brents proposal but also wants to engage with supporters further to see if that is the best way forward. This includes groups and individuals so I see nothing to fear, whichever bracket you fall into.

Perhaps it was use of language that cunningly managed to confuse most of us:)

That and the meeting restricted to 15. Any wiggle room there Chris? Once supporters groups are in there may not be enough room for the independents thinking of standing.

Tony,

We'll play it by ear but I am confident nobody wishing to attend will be locked out.

Chris

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Graham Evans":f9dl69h0 said:
Mr President , can you tell us how the representitives of the supporters groups will be selected?

The original plan was for the members of those supporter groups to choose/elect their own representative to stand on the GASB but I'm not sure if David Wheeler has changed that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Who is attending the meeting this Saturday? Anyone from Pasoti?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Have the invites gone out to any supporters groups yet, if the first discussion meeting is this Saturday it is cutting it a bit fine.

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
tonycholwell":3bhcfw11 said:
Just back home after a days labour and emailed Chris as soon as I read the PP report.

You need a group of people, Tony, with whom you could work. That would mean, for example, if you're not there someone else could be keeping an eye on things. Perhaps you could call them "The Season Ticket Holders' Supporters Trust"? Wait a minute ....... that's a bit cumbersome. How about "The Trust"? (I could post a link to the Monty Python "Life of Brian" People's Front of Judea sketch but that would be overdoing it).

Good to finally say "hello" in person recently. :) I had to go and do other things - maybe a longer chat next time.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
knecht":3mbjuca8 said:
tonycholwell":3mbjuca8 said:
Just back home after a days labour and emailed Chris as soon as I read the PP report.

You need a group of people, Tony, with whom you could work. That would mean, for example, if you're not there someone else could be keeping an eye on things. Perhaps you could call them "The Season Ticket Holders' Supporters Trust"? Wait a minute ....... that's a bit cumbersome. How about "The Trust"? (I could post a link to the Monty Python "Life of Brian" People's Front of Judea sketch but that would be overdoing it).

Good to finally say "hello" in person recently. :) I had to go and do other things - maybe a longer chat next time.

Ian

Good evening, you raise some good points.

In order:

1. I have a group of people, just havent blasted about it :greensmile:

2. I think the Trust have a much wider agenda than I, hence I am not one of their number.

3. It was also good meeting you, just a shame it was so brief. Please either pm me or look outt for me, either way Id also enjoy a greater exchange of views.

Tony

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Babararacucudada":3p81i5f6 said:
tonycholwell":3p81i5f6 said:
For all the nice people asking, Yes, I will be at the meeting on Saturday :greensmile: Nice to know we are being taken seriously.

Who is this "we" of which you speak?

Us "little" people Baba, well, Andy Symons and myself for 2 :greensmile:

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":14qeq30p said:
Babararacucudada":14qeq30p said:
tonycholwell":14qeq30p said:
For all the nice people asking, Yes, I will be at the meeting on Saturday :greensmile: Nice to know we are being taken seriously.

Who is this "we" of which you speak?

Us "little" people Baba, well, Andy Symons and myself for 2 :greensmile:

:clap:

Great to see people actually doing rather than talking.

Well done you two.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
JonB":5tpkb8ij said:
I'm popping along too....... (as long as I can sort out the logisitics of whaich child is going to where......).

Looking forward to it as well!

It will be good to meet you Jon at long last.